PDA

View Full Version : first hollow forms finaling posting some pics

John Nowack
04-13-2008, 6:54 PM
I am always asking ????'s but I know we all like the picks the best. i think I finaly firgured out how to post the attachment

the first one I turned is is horrible (on the right) but I think I am going to top it off wit a finial anyway. the second one is a design change after it flew off the lathe during the last 3rd of hollowing. There not good but at least i can look back on them to see were it all began

the posted backwards the first picture is my second turning and hte other is my first

ROY DICK
04-13-2008, 7:07 PM
Much better than i could ever do.

Steve Schlumpf
04-13-2008, 7:10 PM
John - both your hollow forms look pretty good to me! Nice woods and finish! What are the woods used, what is your finish and what are the approximate sizes of the forms? I think that takes care of the whats... Nice work - stick with it - it gets easier with each one!

robert hainstock
04-13-2008, 7:32 PM
It is strange how the artist often denegrates his work. Your HFs are fine, and read Steve S,s threads for how to gracefuly get our opinions on your work. I'm also a musician, and i've learned to just be still and thank people even when I was sure I could have done better. Happy chips! :)
Bob

John Nowack
04-13-2008, 9:10 PM
The first pic is sycamore(sp??) finished with sanding sealer and poly then I buffed it with the 3 step beal buff. the second pic is from a tree next door that was devistateed by all of the ice we got tis year in tulsa. I would like to know what it is as well. I put several coats of tung oil then used the beal buff on it as well. they are both about 8 to 10 inches tall

Bernie Weishapl
04-13-2008, 10:51 PM
John those are good looking HF's. Finishes look good. Keep at it they will get easier as you do them. Keep'em coming.