PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Gloat Update

Pete Jordan
04-13-2008, 6:52 PM
I cut up the cherry into blanks and they are ready to be sealed. The smiles on my son's faces will probably fade somewhere in the middle of sealing that pile.

Martin Shupe
04-13-2008, 6:58 PM
I cut up the cherry into blanks and they are ready to be sealed. The smiles on my son's faces will probably fade somewhere in the middle of sealing that pile.

Hmm...

I think those blanks should last you at least a couple days...:D

Steve Schlumpf
04-13-2008, 7:04 PM
Wow Pete - you didn't waste any time with the cherry! Great experience for the boys and also great memories... Remember when Dad had us out in the garage sealing all those bowl blanks!! Looking forward to seeing some of the new bowls!

ROY DICK
04-13-2008, 7:05 PM
Outstanding.Congratulations on getting those done so quick.:D

Brian Brown
04-13-2008, 7:38 PM
I can hear the relief in your bandsaw's voice from here. Just a thought, and mind you I'm only guessing here, we'll be seeing a few cherry bowls from you this year. :rolleyes: That is one big pile of blanks.

curtis rosche
04-13-2008, 7:39 PM
did you chainsaw those or bandsaw?

robert hainstock
04-13-2008, 7:40 PM
Ah yes, the GLORY of grunt work. Nice gloat.though.:)
Bob

Robert McGowen
04-13-2008, 9:46 PM
It looks even better than in log form. Looks like it may be time to tip the kids a few bucks!

Bernie Weishapl
04-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow Pete. Those blanks should keep you off the street and out of trouble for a day or two.:rolleyes:;):cool:

Jon Lanier
04-14-2008, 12:54 AM
For the first time on a gloat, I've been truly envious. :(

Ron Drew
04-14-2008, 8:45 AM
Looks like you gave your bandsaw a workout, and now you're going to give your sons a workout! Nice stash Pete. Should last you awhile.

Steve Schlumpf
04-17-2008, 9:05 AM
Pete - my wife and I both got such a kick out of the photos of the your boys - I just had to kick this back up to the top and find out how they did with all that work?!

The last photo should be enlarged and hung on a wall somewhere - great photo!

Pete Jordan
04-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Pete - my wife and I both got such a kick out of the photos of the your boys - I just had to kick this back up to the top and find out how they did with all that work?!

The last photo should be enlarged and hung on a wall somewhere - great photo!

Thanks for asking Steve.

The boys painted for an hour while I took the little one to soccer practice.
When I got home I got the idea to just dip the ends. One boy brought me the blanks while the other two stacked. We finished in 45 min.

Joseph Peacock
04-18-2008, 9:07 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That is a lot of charry.:cool:

Paul Douglass
04-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Pete, great team work with the boys, The Cherry blanks are nice, but the boy and time spent with them is priceless. Fine looking kids.