PDA

View Full Version : I'm going nuts, my wife is making me.....

David Brown
03-28-2004, 8:41 PM
Wallpaper!! I have new wood andtools in the garage and I am stuck wallpapering all weekend! Did I mention I HATE wallpapering? AND I did not but enough! Lots so unmatching scrqaps Just short enough so I can't used them, a lot like wood workings, ya find a great board, grab the tape and it is 1/4" too thin, wide, long ect!
Owh wel, I made her wait long enough, Ok rants over back to paper hanging, work safe!

Larry Browning
03-28-2004, 9:20 PM
I feel your pain! I'll bet everyone here has felt that same frustration.

Larry

John Miliunas
03-28-2004, 9:21 PM
David, I feel fer 'ya, man! NOT one of my favorite tasks, either, but I'm really blessed, 'cuz LOML really enjoys doing that kind of stuff herself! :D Heck, she really likes painting, too, so guess who does the bulk of that around here? :D I think you're approaching it the right way, though. When it's something I really dislike doing, but *have* to anyway, I try to get going on it and just keep at it until it's done and over with! Hang in there....There's only so much wallpaper you can hang, right? :cool:

Dennis Peacock
03-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Funny you say that....as next week....I'll be doing wallpaper in our master bath......and it will be my first time to ever do wallpaper.!! :)

Mike Evertsen
03-30-2004, 8:51 AM
the first time I wallpapered a room by the next morning it had come off the walls,,,I've gotten alittle better since,,

Dave Anderson NH
03-30-2004, 9:43 AM
Quite a number of yeas ago I wallpapered a room. It came out OK though not great and I hated doing it. It was a struggle, took me a long time, and was a major pain in the posterior. Since that time I told Sue that if she wants wallpaper in a room she has 3 choices: do it herself without my help, hire someone, or do without. This was laid down as non-negotiable and something I wouldn't even discuss. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I absolutely hate wallpapering. It's among a bunch of jobs that I don't like, but it's the only one I positively won't do.

Bart Leetch
03-30-2004, 10:47 AM
For the poor soul trapped into hanging wall paper this url seems to explain it pretty good.

http://www.repair-home.com/how_to/hang_wallpaper.htm