PDA

View Full Version : What would this cost?

Dave Redlin
04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey there. I'm looking to have this Woodwind Golf Club "logo" added to a podium. The logo needs to be cut into maple. How much would this typically cost? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Joe Pelonio
04-13-2008, 12:36 PM
When you say "cut into maple" do you mean sandblasted or laser engraved?

Is the panel free or would the whole podium have to be brought to the shop?

For laser, most people would not have one large enough for a podium to fit into it. An alternative would be for someone to cut letters/logo out of a contrasting color of wood, say 1/4" thick to stick onto the outside of the podium.

Sandblasting around here runs $75/SF plus setup time depending on the form in which the logo is supplied. May be different in your area.

Steve knight
04-13-2008, 12:47 PM
depending on the size I would do it for around 40.00 around 10"x10". the most time would be spent making it into vectors. cutting it out would take minutes. as long as I did not have to sand and finish it.

Dave Redlin
04-13-2008, 1:22 PM
I'm looking to having it "engraved". The panel has not been attached to the podium yet. My thought was once the "logo" was cut out, filling it with an colored epoxy. Unfortunately, I have a color theme to match. I have some stock ready for milling. No finish or sanding required. The panel size is approx. 10"x36". The logo would need to be scaled to fit and look good.

Thanks,
Dave

Steve knight
04-13-2008, 1:29 PM
I would vcarve it then fill it with epoxy. that way you get nice sharp corners. I would figure 10 minutes or so to lay it out if the logo is good and another 10 to 15 minutes to cut it.