PDA

View Full Version : Hold the Mayo

Vernon Taylor
04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I use the rectangular Mayo jars from Kraft to store various items in the shop,decided to build a rack to hold them, had six of them lined up on my tablesaw top to get the measurements, in one I had tossed a small magnet,flat 1X2' ,it adhered to the tablesaw top,it occurred to me that this might come in handy when changing scroll saw blades or etc. as it was just enough force to hold the container in place but easily removed. I use these containers to store numerous items such as jig saw blades, recip blades,odd drill bits etc. Just thought I would pass this along.

Bart Leetch
04-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Thats a fine idea Vernon. I learned the hard way years ago that my shop & glass don't get along:eek: so I hope these jars are plastic.:):D

Vernon Taylor
04-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Agree on the glass,these are plastic and semi rectangular,lid snaps on but has a full sizef;ip top so you can get all the mayo out.Think I will go make a sandwich,need another container.:)

Scott Kilroy
04-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Good idea, I've also been using the square buckets that cat littler comes in for storage instead of the ubiquitous drywall compound buckets since they stack better and have less room for things to fall behind.

BTW - baby food jars filled with nails gets my vote for worst idea ever, I knocked over a shelf of these 3 years ago and I'm still finding shards of glass.