PDA

View Full Version : Poll For Those of You Working With Veneers

Jeff Wright
04-13-2008, 8:38 AM
IF you work with veneers, what percentage of your veneer material do you fabricate yourself (for example, by resawing purchased lumber to your desired thicknesses) versus buying the veneer already cut?

Jim Becker
04-13-2008, 8:43 AM
To date, I have not manufactured any of my own veneers. It comes down to a time issue and for what I use most often, (QS Cherry and Cherry Crotch) it's easier just to purchase. But I would consider making my own in those cases where I need to preserve something precious and in limited supply as well as for something unique.

Jeff Wright
04-13-2008, 8:45 AM
To date, I have not manufactured any of my own veneers. It comes down to a time issue and for what I use most often, (QS Cherry and Cherry Crotch) it's easier just to purchase. But I would consider making my own in those cases where I need to preserve something precious and in limited supply as well as for something unique.

Thanks Jim. You jumped the gun on me . . . I didn't have a chance to finish creating the polling options prior to your replying to this thread. You're fast with the mouse!! :)

Jack Briggs
04-13-2008, 8:52 AM
I always resaw my own veneers. But, then again, I'm not cabinetmaking!