PDA

View Full Version : Completed

Greg Ware
04-12-2008, 8:14 PM
Finished at last. This is the newly finished family room in the basement. My wife wanted the built in desk and shelf to match. This is the first "real" ww project for me. I have done shelves and projects for the garage and storage room but this was a first. I had some help from a buddy on the desk, to help me learn how to do cabinets. If the shelf looks a little wavy it is the photographers fault, it really is straight. My photography is worse than my ww. Both are made from 4/4 Knotty Alder. The shelf is only 4" wide for pictures and knick knacks. Thanks to those who helped with advise, this is great site. Let me know what you think. Go ahead I can take it. LOL

Greg86357

Pat Keefe
04-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Looks good, she'll want you to kit out the main house now, which means you will need some more tools:)

gary Zimmel
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Great job on the basement project Greg. I agree with Pat, pick the next project that needs more tools....

Jim Becker
04-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Looks like it's ready for the family! Nice job.

Greg Muller
04-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Nice work, Greg!

Very clean lines and a functional space. Looks like you could reach every drawer if sitting in the center.

I gotta build one of these soon. Our current desk is getting overgrown. I'll be including 4 file drawers, a dual computer tower cabinet, and a cabinet that will hide our small fireproof safe that we store our photo disks in.

One suggestion for your space... get a mat for your rolling deskchair so the floor doesn't get destroyed. DAMHIKT!

Again, good work!

Greg

Joe Chritz
04-13-2008, 5:30 AM
It looks very nice except for the wavy shelf. :cool:

Couldn't resist.

Joe

Greg Ware
04-13-2008, 6:39 PM
Thanks for the replies. Here is another picture of the left side cabinet for the computer. I built two almost flat "drawers" for the cpu and printer so they will not have to be on the desk. The next project my wife wants (I do not get a choice) is a side table and sofa table to match. New tools...drill pres, band saw, M&T Jig, Dovetail jig. If I tell my wife what the "real" cost is for those tables she may change her mind.LOL Is there a pill or shot I can get for this, because I've got it bad.

Greg

Greg Ware
04-13-2008, 6:45 PM
Sorry, I thought I knew how to attach a picture. I will try again.86425

Brent Ring
04-25-2008, 5:34 PM
Nice Job Greg - I will have to come see in person....
:)

Bill Wyko
04-25-2008, 6:21 PM
Good going Greg. Looks like a pro did it. You should be proud of yourself.

John Thompson
04-25-2008, 8:17 PM
Excellent job with the alder, Greg. Clean and crisp.

Sarge..