PDA

View Full Version : Jorgensen vises

Jake Helmboldt
04-12-2008, 8:12 PM
Has anyone dealt with Jorgensen (Adjustable Clamp Company's) customer service?

I bought their bench vise (the 7" jaw model) which was supposed to have the quick release feature but was assembled with the non-quick release mechanism. They didn't respond to an email message or phone message to customer service and their online contact function on their website doesn't work.

I can't return it at this point, though the vise itself works fine, but I'd like to get the part to retrofit it to have the quick release. If this is typical of their customer service this is the last Jorgesen product I buy.

Bob Mircetic
04-12-2008, 9:21 PM
Take a look at the post by "Clamp Man" at woodnet:

I believe he states he is a customer service rep of theirs. He provides his contact info...

Bob

Tom Henderson2
04-12-2008, 9:27 PM
When did you call?

They may only work half-day on Friday, or their receptionist was out sick, etc.

Give them a day or two and call back.

It is frustrating when businesses don't return calls.

Which model do you have? Looking at the web site, it looks like the 7" vice may not have quick release... or perhaps you have the 7 1/8" "Heavy Duty" model?

In any event, I hope you are able to close the loop with them Monday.

-TH

Jake Helmboldt
04-15-2008, 11:22 PM
When did you call?

They may only work half-day on Friday, or their receptionist was out sick, etc.

Give them a day or two and call back.

It is frustrating when businesses don't return calls.

Which model do you have? Looking at the web site, it looks like the 7" vice may not have quick release... or perhaps you have the 7 1/8" "Heavy Duty" model?

In any event, I hope you are able to close the loop with them Monday.

-TH

Well I'll be ding-danged. Right after posting this follow-up I opened my email and found a response to my second email and an apology for both the delay and whatever confusion resulted in the quick release not being installed. Apparently there are two versions of the vise. The vise I have (40709, it is the latter one you referenced) comes with quick release, but apparently some models don't (not sure if that is current). But, it is shown in the instructions that it came with mine so something got mis-packaged. Regardless, they are sending the part to convert it and the vise itself is nicely made and robust, so happy days are here again. Jorgie is back on the good list.

glenn bradley
04-16-2008, 12:14 AM
My experience with them was great. I had gotten some pipe clamps, cheap, online and they arrived without a few small parts. I used their online contact form to ask about buying the missing parts as it had been quite some time between the 3rd party "deal" and the time I opened the box.

I got no email response from them but the parts showed up in my mailbox a few days later at no charge.

J. Z. Guest
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I've got their 7" vise with quick-release, and I just love it. I also love that they're still made in Chicago when everyone else has buckled and went to China.

By the way, if you're ever in Menards and thinking of saving a few bucks and getting the "Tool Shop" pipe clamps, don't. I tried one, thinking: "How could they screw up a a PIPE CLAMP?" Sure enough, they did. Just sloppy everywhere. The threads are not cut deep enough, and they painted over the threads too. I returned them and bought more of Jorgensen's regular old bar clamps instead.