PDA

View Full Version : Texturize on the new ULS Driver?

Scott Shepherd
04-12-2008, 4:25 PM
I installed the latest driver last week and just noticed today a new button in the driver called "texturize". Tried a normal job with it checked and got some really odd results. Nothing that made any sense.

Can anyone shed some light on the newly added "Texturize" button for the ULS driver?

Paul Brinkmeyer
04-13-2008, 2:14 PM
How do you find out about upgrades and get them?

Scott Shepherd
04-13-2008, 6:26 PM
Contact your rep or either call tech support and they will email them to you.

Paul Brinkmeyer
04-14-2008, 10:54 AM
I guess my question really was:
Does your rep do this automaticlly for you or do you have to keep asking?
I currenttly get them from service. But it is not automatic.

Scott Shepherd
04-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Probably a little bit of both. I don't get contacted each time there is an update, but when my rep calls, he'll ask me if I want the latest driver update. Sometimes I call him and ask if there's anything new. Works both ways.

Mike Mackenzie
04-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Scott,

The texturizer button is used to help mask "laser Lines" We really only use it on Acrylic that has a large engraved area. What it does is to randomly scatter the pulses to give it a textured background look. If you want to see what it does engrave a filled box about 2" square run one with the texturizer and one without. Use acrylic.

Paul,

The notification process of updates is being addressed and everyone will be notified of such updates. Look for this by the end of summer.

Scott Shepherd
04-14-2008, 1:16 PM
Interesting Mike, I'll give that a go.

Mike Null
04-14-2008, 3:10 PM
Now that I know what it is, I use the post script fill tool in Corel to do the same thing.

Scott Shepherd
04-14-2008, 3:23 PM
Just tried it Mike. COOL :) VERY COOL :) My wheels are turning already.

Craig Hogarth
04-14-2008, 3:29 PM
Scott, can you post a picture?

Mike, is this available on other ULS models as well?

Scott Shepherd
04-14-2008, 3:36 PM
Not sure if I can or not Craig. It's done on clear and I'm not sure I can pick up the texture and the difference. I don't have my camera with me right now, but need to swing by and pick it up later to take some photos of some signs I'm working on, so I'll see if I can get a photo. PM me your email in case it loses too much detail resizing, I can email you a better file.

Mike Mackenzie
04-14-2008, 3:56 PM
Craig,

Yes it is in the advanced tab of the 1.07M driver you have to enable image enhancements and then you can put a check mark in the texturizer box. You will not use this on everything you engrave but it does give you a very unique look.