PDA

View Full Version : Table weight limit on my Helix

Anthony Scira
04-12-2008, 11:44 AM
I was searching all over but could not find the weight limit for the table of my Epilog Helix.

Anyone have any idea what that limit may be ?

Peck Sidara
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Can't confirm as I'm not at the office but believe it's 40-50lbs max with the steel task plate installed.

If you're looking at maxing it out, guesstimate the focal point first so you don't have the drive the z-axis all the way up once the weight's applied.

Anthony Scira
04-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I have a friend that needed a 12 x 24 peice of granite done for his brothers grave marker. I usually would not do this kind of work but I will give it a shot.

If I premeasure the focus and use a little bottle jack under the table for support do you see any problems ?

Or am I asking for trouble?

I guess first off I should measure the weight of the slab. But it cant weigh 50 pounds ! Or could it :)

Anthony Scira
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
I talked to tech support and they said the table while in motion the weight limit is 20 pounds. Stationary the limit is 35 pounds.

They said the table can be supported by blocks or jacks to go over that limit. So I guess I am in business.

Belinda Barfield
04-15-2008, 5:43 PM
I have a friend that needed a 12 x 24 peice of granite done for his brothers grave marker. I usually would not do this kind of work but I will give it a shot.

If I premeasure the focus and use a little bottle jack under the table for support do you see any problems ?

Or am I asking for trouble?

I guess first off I should measure the weight of the slab. But it cant weigh 50 pounds ! Or could it :)

This is a duplicate of another post, hope I'm not too late for you. 3 cm (1.125" to 1.25") Absolute black granite weighs approximately 25 pounds per square foot.