PDA

View Full Version : Report on Shopfox roller stand for infeed

Craig D Peltier
04-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I bought this stand from grizzly. Its very well built.I think it weighs 90lbs. Theres locking caster that are easy to lock and unlock with your foot and the legs adjust in height. I think it folds to 29 wide and extends to 6 feet.Its about 24 wide.Cost I think was 169.00, I picked it up there.
I bought mine to use as a infeed table so I can rip sheets by myself (im a one man shop). I set the back a little higher than the front. It works really well. Its a pain at first to get the height right but once you do leave it or mark it.Alos some sheets are warped and you may need to push down on it when it hits table or vice versa (borg ply) One thing you need to be careful of is the sheet rolls so easily,be careful not to let it go into the blade when you dont want it to.
Im vertically impaired 5-8 so lifting the sheet on top is a litle high but im happy to have it.
I used to take two sawhorses and rip it down or bring a helper over. I dreaded cutting sheets up. Ive ripped about 15 sheets on it. I havent used it for crosscutting yet.
Anyways just an idea.