PDA

View Full Version : ULS m300 question

dom ainza
04-11-2008, 1:20 AM
i am new to laser, picked this one up, my brother and i wanted to get into this side homebusiness, thought this might be the best way.
quick question, we bought this used and it came with a variety of manuals, but is there anything out there more then i should know other than what the instuction tell us. it seems that i may not using it to the full potential, or there are feature that i may not know to make life easier.

we bought it to engrave names on kitchen knives, but it seems like the only way to do this is use of cermark, but the concern is that it may not be fda approved for food use. is this true? or are there alternatives?

any help for both would be appreciated

BTW I have a 25w with the 300 was thinking of spending the money on a 50w, but since we are new, make the money fist then upgrade (right?)

thanks

Rodne Gold
04-11-2008, 2:36 AM
You should read the posts on this board fully and then ask more specific questions , cos in essence , you are asking us how to make a success of your laser business. Plenty answers to that here. But to distill it , lots of hard work, blood , sweat experimantation , marketing and tears.
You will make no money at all engraving kitchen knives , it's way too narrow a market and you will lose money upgrading to a 50w source - spend the money on marketing and producing samples.

dom ainza
04-11-2008, 2:59 AM
You should read the posts on this board fully and then ask more specific questions , cos in essence , you are asking us how to make a success of your laser business. .

mr gold
i am sorry, i am not asking to make a sucessful business, if that the impression that you got. the business part i understand , i am just making sure i am using the full extent of the the laser that i have, becasue i never went through a vendor to purchace, i bought it used and what ever it came with without demo or working witha sales rep

my main question was that all i have is the manuals that were suppled, and should that be enough to know everything about it

Craig Hogarth
04-11-2008, 3:21 AM
Dom, using the laser is the easy part. It's going to take you a little bit of time to get an idea of what settings to use, but a quick search of the forums or posting will generally give you an idea. You'll still destroy a lot of stuff, but eventually, that becomes uncommon.

Corel is what you need to focus on. The laser is nothing more than knowing settings and pressing start. In order for you to realize the full potential of what you can do, corel is what you need to become proficient in.