PDA

View Full Version : The JET Deluxe Exacta Saws are finally shippng

Jim Watts
04-10-2008, 9:12 PM
I placed my order for model 708675PK with Rockler Feb. 14. I received it today. I won't have time to assemble, tune, and evaluate 'til next week - so I thought I'd include a few pics until then :D. I hope to provide some first impressions from the perspective of the newbie that I am.

Jim Watts
04-10-2008, 9:14 PM

Jim Dunn
04-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Nice looking saw. Get it up and cutting!

Mike Heidrick
04-10-2008, 10:44 PM
I bet she is WORTH THE WAIT!!! Awesome. There will be many members happy to see these saws. Congrats!

Keith Rooks
04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
I ordered one 2 weeks ago and was told this week that the ship date is now sometime in mid to late June. I may just get the PM 2000 and I can get it at the end of the month.

Jay Yoder
04-10-2008, 11:29 PM
I had one on order. then by switching it to a 5 hp i had it within a week. i have it in the basement and next step is wiring. be careful. the amps listed on the website are for continuous operation. not start up. thus i will be running an 8-2 wire and a 40a breaker. nonetheless i am absolutely thrilled with the weight and machining on this saw. The extensions went on with little fuss! Glad to hear the 3hp versions are shipping! I think these will be great saws! Just another reason i keep buying white and red!!

Shane Sura
04-10-2008, 11:45 PM
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. When I ordered mine from Woodcraft in late Feb it came in within five days. I was finishing my master's at the time so I did not have the time to set it up so I actually received mine early. I finally got it set up last weekend and made my first cut tonight. I must say it was worth the wait, the shop re-arrangement, the money, the convincing, and everything else. It cut smooth and sweet. Really take your time to calibrate it though check everything.

Shane

Jason Koon
04-11-2008, 9:12 AM
I got mine in December from Timberline tools in UT.

I'm having trouble finding a good zero clearance insert for it, as the throat plate is larger.

Yun-Fong Loh
04-11-2008, 5:48 PM
Looks beautiful!

Fred Voorhees
04-11-2008, 5:59 PM
I ordered that exact model through Rockler on 3/19 so I would expect that it will be slightly longer. But it is good knowing that things are moving along. I was told not to expect it until early July. We shall see. Hope it doesn't take that long.

C Scott McDonald
04-11-2008, 7:48 PM
Is it left tilt? Looks like a nice saw!

Jim Watts
04-11-2008, 8:40 PM
Is it left tilt? Looks like a nice saw!

Here are the specifics : http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?Offerings_ID=18486&TabSelect=Details

First impressions
The extension table had a significant ding on one of the corners, and the promised Jet parallel clamps that were part of the promotion were MIA. A simply call (instant message, actually) to Rockler and both the clamps and a replacement table are on the way.

The extension table isn't the greatest anyway - melamine coated 3/4" MDF with a mid-/low-grade 3/4" plywood butt-jointed frame. Everything I've read makes me think this is typical across the industry, though. I'll probably just make an outfeed table out of the damaged one.

The claimed chip-resistant paint isn't.

That being said, the quality of the machine appears to be very high. I've got it about 1/2 assembled, and every component I've dealt with so far (extension wings, blade adjustment wheels, (JET) mobile base, riving knife/kickback pawls/blade shroud) is very heavy duty (and heavy!), with very good fit/finish. The quick-release operation of the riving knife/kickback pawls/blade shroud combination works very much as advertised - as does the arbor lock feature.

More later...