PDA

View Full Version : Standup Plaque work

Michael Bareno
04-10-2008, 8:30 AM
Hi,
We have recently started our engraving business here in Aruba and we have gotten many requests for sports competition trophies. Since we originally didn't want to compete with the local trophy shops here, we were hesitant at first to take these jobs until we discovered the standup plaque from one of our vendors (not sure I can mention their name). It's a fairly low cost plaque to which you could buy an engraving plate or in our case we used IPI laserthins (engraved and cut). Customers so far like the change from the usual trophy/cup, and the sponsor/logo is displayed on it.

In any case, I have attached some pictures so you can see what I am talking about. Let me know what you think.

P.S. We are still looking into trophies and cups since we would need to vary the awards for each competition, no one wants to get the same type of trophy/award over and over again!

Dee Gallo
04-10-2008, 8:56 AM
Congratulations, Michael!

Your own new business, successful already and in Aruba - it doesn't get any better than that!

Now all you have to do is design some unique trophies that nobody else can get anywhere and you're golden.

cheers, dee

Ron Thompson
04-10-2008, 10:40 AM
OK Michael,

Who supplied the wood plaques???

Ron Thompson
San Jose, CA

Michael Bareno
04-10-2008, 11:45 AM
OK Michael,

Who supplied the wood plaques???

I guess it's no problem naming the vendor on the boards.
The wooden standup plaques, from JDS Industries, come in Cherry Finish and Black Marble Finish. Also, you have 4 different sizes:
3.75X5.75 PLQ, 2.75X5.75 BASE
4.75X6.75 PLQ, 3.75X8.25 BASE
5.75X7.75 PLQ, 3.75X9.75 BASE
7.75X9.75 PLQ, 3.75X11.75 BASE

The plaque includes the stud, you just need a hexnut to assemble the piece. If you order these, I recommend buying by case, because we have had damaged pieces arrive when they combine separate pieces.

Mike Null
04-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Michael

Very creative use of materials and very nice design work. No wonder they like them.

Congratulations!

Peter Meacham
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Michael - what is the gold material - One of the Rowmark products, I presume. Thanks, Pete

Michael Bareno
04-10-2008, 2:04 PM
Michael - what is the gold material - One of the Rowmark products, I presume. Thanks, Pete

The material is IPI Laserthins, similar to Rowmark and it comes with 3m adhesive which is ideal for these types of jobs. Also, you can get it in other colors like silver/black, bronze/black, etc.