PDA

View Full Version : Spalted Maple Bowl

Tom Keen
04-09-2008, 7:30 PM
I gave this bowl to the local Visual Arts Center for their annual fund raising auction. They were happy and used it on a postcard sent to alot of people promoting the event. Very humbling thinking about so many people looking at my work. But I did get a very good photo :)

Its spalted silver maple about 8.5" in diameter. Finished with alot of Danish oil and buffed.

Thanks for looking!

Curt Fuller
04-09-2008, 8:00 PM
That's a very nice bowl, and some beautiful wood. That's a honor to get your work on the promo for the auction too.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-09-2008, 9:11 PM
Tom....very nice bowl and very generous of you. It seems that your generosity is coming back to you in the form of some recognition. Nicely done Sir!

Richard Madison
04-09-2008, 9:33 PM
Tom,
And another good example to the rest of us to donate some of our work to the various auctions for worthy causes, as indeed many do. Consider, especially those of us on fairly tight budgets, that a donated woodturning might well bring more for the cause than we could reasonably afford to donate in cash. Just a thought.

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2008, 9:37 PM
Great looking bowl and very nice of you to donate it.

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2008, 9:56 PM
Beautiful bowl Tom! Love the thick form - and the way the curve flows into the bowl and doesn't stop at the lip. It draws your eyes into the bowl without any breaks in the curve. Seriously - very nice!

Congrats on getting the recognition you deserve for your work and your generosity! I hope the bowl brings in a lot of money for the cause! Nice work Tom!

Fred Conte
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Tom very nice bowl, I love the proportions, the curves really draws your eyes into it...a very nice and generous donation!

Tom Sherman
04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
A very nice bowl Tom, and quite an honor congratulations.

steven carter
04-10-2008, 12:11 PM
Tom, very nice bowl - beautiful in fact. I like the thickness, I have been tending to make my bowls thicker than I did when I first started making them, it just feels better to me to have a little heft to them.