PDA

View Full Version : Vector Cutting???

Eric Jackson
04-09-2008, 6:59 PM
Hello everyone.

Just a quick question, I have a 35w Epilog and am wanting to cut business cards. Last time I vectored it was for a miniclock. My question, I hope this don't sound too stupid, is sanding the only way to get the burn off this sides of the wood? in my limited understanding of vectoring, I think it is. Please help me to understand if there is a better way.

Eric

Sandra Force
04-09-2008, 7:04 PM
Try Windex or alcohol to take the char off. You might also be using too much power. When mine is set right it leaves very little char unless I have to use a lot of power to go through something thick.

Scott Shepherd
04-09-2008, 7:30 PM
I agree, if your settings are right, it will leave a dark brown edge, not black with charring (on most of the laser friendly wood I have played with).

Craig Hogarth
04-09-2008, 7:34 PM
When I did cards, I'd take a finished stack, making something like a block, and use masking tape to pull off the majority of residue. Getting this off first will help to prevent soot from sliding down between the cards. Follow through with a dry cotton cloth until you can't get anymore off.

Eric Jackson
04-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks so much for the help.
Eric:):):):)

Mike Null
04-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Eric

I agree with the others about lower power/higher speed but I like diluted citrus cleaner for cleaning finished wood. If it hasn't been finished then sanding is the best option. Edges should be dark brown, not charred.