PDA

View Full Version : And now I know...

Russ Sears
04-09-2008, 3:22 PM
what the inside of a vortex looks like:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/6194/jetminizy6.th.jpg (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jetminizy6.jpg)

Snagged it on Saturday. My arms are a little longer already. They keep getting sucked towards this thing every time I go near it.

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2008, 3:34 PM
Congrats Russ. Not only will your arms get longer take a picture of the green stuff in your wallet so you will know what it looks like in a few months.:eek::D;):rolleyes::cool:

Steve Schlumpf
04-09-2008, 4:26 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Russ! I see shavings - what did you turn?

Russ Sears
04-09-2008, 4:42 PM
Congrats on your new lathe Russ! I see shavings - what did you turn?

Steve, the shavings were mostly from practicing. If you look closely to the left of the lathe, you can see a little spindle that my daughter and I were creating. I did turn a cigar pen from some cherry scrap and now the whole family is jazzed up to have pens. My 15 year old is ready to sell a bunch and get an Ipod :)
Unfortunately I discovered after assembling the pen that I had the middle bushing turned around. The diameter of the barrels doesn't match the diameter of the center ring. But apparently I'm not allowed to disassemble the pen and fix it! In fact, I'm not even allowed to HAVE the pen. My 15 year old has adopted it. At least she's making good use of it by showing it off at school and developing the market.

robert hainstock
04-09-2008, 4:53 PM
I wish I had me a 15 year old to do my marketing! :)
Bob

Paul Douglass
04-09-2008, 5:57 PM
I envy you having that lathe. I'm saving up a mad money fund. I can't decide in my mind if the Jet 1220 VS is worth the extra bucks.

I think you will really enjoy that lathe and it sound like the rest of your family will also.

dennis kranz
04-09-2008, 7:44 PM
Paul, Yes it is worth it.
Dennis

Fred Conte
04-09-2008, 11:46 PM
They keep getting sucked towards this thing every time I go near it.

Congrats Russ on your new lathe - I know what you mean - the vortex is very addictive - and constantly wants more of your time...:eek: and that green stuff!:D