PDA

View Full Version : Any guess of where this fell off from

Craig D Peltier
04-09-2008, 2:11 PM
Found this in my DC hose.:eek:
I run a jet TS a Perfomax drum sander and a Ridgid planer off of it.
Theres also a Y that runs a grizzly jointer but it wasnt in that hose.
I looked with flashlight in TS cabinet.Didnt see anything.
Think it goes on end of a motor? The side without the lips on it is all beat up. It hasnt been in there more than 3 weeks.Its a new hose.

Mike Goetzke
04-09-2008, 2:16 PM
That looks like the nut that was on my Jet jointer. I don't have it any more, but, I think it's was used to lock the fence down (item 24???). If this were the nut I don't know how it would get in your DC unless it was sucked off the floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/part.jpg

Mike

Jim O'Dell
04-09-2008, 2:16 PM
WOW!! Now that would be scary!! Do you have a parts diagram of these units with the owner's manuals? If so, I would look through those for something that looks similar, then check the machine. If you don't have them, I'd look at the manufacturer's websites and see if you can down load the diagrams. I'd definately not use those pieces of equipment until I knew where that thing goes! Jim.

Craig D Peltier
04-09-2008, 2:17 PM
That looks like the nut that was on my Jet jointer. I don't have it any more, but, I think it's was used to lock the fence down. If this were the nut I don't know how it would get in your DC unless it was sucked off the floor.

Mike
I do use it to clean floor I will look at my parts diagrams as well.
Thanks

Craig D Peltier
04-09-2008, 2:23 PM
Thanks for jointer Idea. I looked at my fence lock lever and it pulled right out of hole.There was no nut on end.It threaded on and now it locks it down. Hopes that was it. I might have sucked it up with hose while cleaning. Im going to look more behind jointer and under dc.I did hear something fall from that area but didnt know what it was.Hope I cant find another nut and that was it.

Craig D Peltier
04-09-2008, 2:29 PM
Didnt find anything else around dc/jointer. Thanks again

David DeCristoforo
04-09-2008, 3:54 PM
Craig, I'm really glad you found out what that was before you tried to use your jointer! Another potential disaster averted by the quick thinking of the SMC Emergency Response Team... (AKA SMCERT)

Todd Hoppe
04-09-2008, 5:02 PM
I'm glad that someone else was able to identify that. I KNEW that I had seen a nut like that on one of my tools

Craig D Peltier
04-09-2008, 6:05 PM
That looks like the nut that was on my Jet jointer. I don't have it any more, but, I think it's was used to lock the fence down (item 24???). If this were the nut I don't know how it would get in your DC unless it was sucked off the floor.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/part.jpg

Mike

#24 was the culprit. beeter than a motor mount.

Jim Becker
04-09-2008, 6:18 PM
I do use it to clean floor I will look at my parts diagrams as well.
Thanks

If you have a single stage DC where everything passes through the impeller, never use it to sweep up the floor. Metal striking metal in the blower could cause you a very bad day/week/month/year...