PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip from Kansas City to Grizzly (Springfield)

Greg Muller
04-09-2008, 2:07 PM
I am going to Springfield this Friday (4/11/08) and returning Saturday to visit the BNL, but while I'm there, I'll be visiting the Grizzly Warehouse and showroom. I am not getting any heavy iron for myself (sniff), so the pickup truck bed will be mostly empty...

Anyone need me to pick up anything for them?

*****By the way- anyone know a place in KC area to get drawer slides (18-24", 100#) cheap? Grizzly has them for around $9/pr. I hate paying for shipping!!!!

Greg

Anchul Axelrod
04-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Love taking trips to Grizzly. I'm in Warrensburg. Have a great time!!!!

Norman Pyles
04-10-2008, 3:10 AM
Could you pick me up a gallon of milk, loaf of bread, an 8 in jointer:). Hope you have a good trip, always wanted to see the Grizzly showroom someday.

Ron Hedrick
04-10-2008, 8:25 AM
I have been to the Springfield MO store. I felt like Homer Simpson, looking at a donut, "Hmmm, iron". As the drool rolled down my chin. I was waiting for a beam of light to come down as the clouds parted. I asked the first employee that I saw, "Is this Heaven?" His response, "It's Springfield MO." I said, "Springfield MO, I could have sworn this was Heaven." Oh wait that was from Field of Dreams.

Chuck Saunders
04-10-2008, 8:27 AM
I am planning to go down for the tent sale in June. Never been to Grizzly but a 513x2 will probably follow me home, even if I have to chain it down.

Al Sherred
04-10-2008, 9:11 AM
I give up what is the bnl

Brodie Brickey
04-10-2008, 9:26 AM
I give up what is the bnl
brother in law?

Billy Dodd
04-10-2008, 9:37 AM
Greg be sure and check out their seconds or discontinued stuff while you're there. You can see their inventory online and they have some pretty good deals.

Chuck if you haven't been to a tent sale you're in for a treat. You have to get there early. They wait in line several hours before the gates open. If you show up 20 minutes after the gates open the machinery will mostly be gone. ( voice of experience)

Bill Foley
04-10-2008, 9:51 AM
I was just at Grizzly in Bellingham and they did away with the scratch and dent area-they save up everything for the tent sale. Big disappointment as 4 of my floor machine came from this area 15-20 years ago.

Randal Stevenson
04-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank goodness it's no longer winter. Between your offer, and what I have been wanting to get, it would make great weight, for traction for your truck.

One of these days, I will get one of their surface plates. But I need the excuse to consider going on vacation, it has only been since the early (81 or 83?) eighties.

It is cruel to be tempting..........:p:)

Greg Cole
04-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Hi Greg,
Enjoy, it's a nice destination but less than fabulous drive IMO. Alot like driving to STL for me (I HATE THAT DRIVE). If ya drive a full size truck ,I'll take a G0609X 12 " jointer with sprial cutter a 1023SLWX3 and what the heck, why not a 1033X 20 planer with sprial cutter while you're there.
The check's in the mail too! :D

Thank goodness it's no longer winter.
Hey Randal,
Take a peek at the weather forecast. As of last night there was a chance of SNOW for Friday? Ugh.... never thought I'd have to mow my lawn for the first time of the year with snow in the air?:confused:

Cheers.

Gary Lange
04-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I live in Nixa, Mo. which is about 10 to 15 minutes from Springfield and from the Grizzly Showroom. Nice place to visit and look at all the tools. Enjoy your stay in Springfield.

Matt Woessner
04-10-2008, 2:01 PM
Greg,
While you are looking at Grizzly, up the road a little bit is a place called OP Hardwoods they have a lot of neat products.

Greg Muller
04-10-2008, 11:11 PM
All,
Sorry for the temptations! Didn't think of that angle.:p

Okay, I think I have the orders correct, let's double check;

One of everything for everyone, right??:eek:
My pickemup truck isn't gonna cut it...It is full size, but not a full sized train.

The real excuse for going is to deliver my 5 yr old son to his uncle for a fun weekend. I gotta drive half way down again on Sunday to get him back. Lots of miles..lots of miles.

Anyhow, I'll check my PM's one more time in the morning before we leave, then it's of to Grizz I go! Yeah, I know, boring drive. Done it a thousand times. THis time my family will be with me, but they'll probably snooze on the way. My Sirius keeps me awake on ESPN, FoxNews and some "Sounds o' the '80's". (THAT IS NOT AN EXCUSE TO RICKROLLED ME!!!!!!!):D

Later all!!!!

Greg