PDA

View Full Version : Set your VCR

GLENN THOMAS
04-09-2008, 1:05 PM
In case any of you are interested, every now and then I will do a search on my DVR for different programs I like to watch. The other day I found out that DIY will be airing Woodturning Techniques and Woodturning Basics. They actually started on April 4th so I/we only missed one episode. Woodturning Techniques will be aired at 4:30 am on the 12th and every week after that. Woodturning Basics will be aired at 4:30 am the last few days of the month. Check DIYs web site for the porgram list.

GT

Greg Just
04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I have seem most and they are good basic shows.

Scott Hubl
04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Thanks, I have seen some of them, Before the Vortex got me.

Now I can DVR them, I only found Woodturning Techniques I cant find any Woodturning Basics showings to record here, I have DirecTV?:confused:

Fred Floyd
04-10-2008, 1:04 AM
PBS is airing the second season of Woodturning Workshop with host Tim Yoder. This is a very well presented series. Tim's been in the TV production business for a long time. He's a talented turner and a very good teacher.

Scott Hubl
04-10-2008, 1:18 AM
I love Tim Yoders show been watching it for awhile now, been DVR'in them but somehow lost them as is was only keeping 5 episodes :mad:, I have since fixed that.

He turns on a Stubby, I ALMOST bought one but even Used it was just out of reach.
Happy with my Gold 3520B though.

Brian McInturff
04-10-2008, 5:26 PM
Tim is a great guy. I actually prefer his show over the one Dave Hout had on DIY. Nothing against Dave, he's a great guy too but I can relate to Tim more so than Dave. I will be DVR'ing these shows too as I've never seen them.

Norm Zax
04-13-2008, 6:54 AM
Can any of these be downloaded (or just seen) on the net?

Greg Just
04-13-2008, 8:22 AM
Can any of these be downloaded (or just seen) on the net?

Norm:

I have a Tivo and an external DVD burner. I recorded all the Tim Yoder shows to DVD. His series is very good.

Chris Barnett
04-13-2008, 9:19 AM
Have set the DVD recorder for the 4-19 show...thanks for heads-up. But no schedule info for the Tim Yoder Woodturning program on PBS; any info on when is it scheduled? Think that perhaps the PSB schedules programs by region.

duke bryant
04-13-2008, 9:47 AM
Does anybody know if this is on Houston PBS, I didn't find it.

Even though Yoder's sight points to RSU web page about buying DVD's that page seems to have gone away.

Thanks
Duke

GLENN THOMAS
04-13-2008, 9:57 AM
I love Tim Yoders show been watching it for awhile now, been DVR'in them but somehow lost them as is was only keeping 5 episodes :mad:, I have since fixed that.

He turns on a Stubby, I ALMOST bought one but even Used it was just out of reach.
Happy with my Gold 3520B though.

I cought part of an episode about 3 oclock in the morning one time and havn't been able to find it since. Checked the local PBS site and searched with the DVR but no luck. Does anyone know if they are on DVD.

GT

Scott Hubl
04-13-2008, 2:39 PM
Glenn,
Each show can be bought from the original PBS station, for $29.00. :eek:

It airs in my area on channel 56pbs a pbs station out of Indiana that I can recieve over the air (antenna) or through DirecTV Satelight on channel 56 with the local channels added.

I heard that Tim was sick so the 2nd seasons shows will only have about 1/2 the schedualed shows.:( Suppose to be in HD too.

If you want to see a few episodes online for any of these shows Tims, or the DIY shows, go to GOOGLE - then go too -GOOGLE Videos, once there type on "woodturning" and you will find them.;)

Fred Conte
04-13-2008, 6:02 PM
I love Tim Yoders show been watching it for awhile now, been DVR'in them ...

As others have said Tim is excellent and I too have recorded alot of his shows but then DIY has stopped airing them...hope to see him back real soon.
I've setup my dvr to record the Woodturning Techniques but can't seem to find the "Basics" but my search can only do a week in advance so hopefully when it gets closer towards the end of the month I be able to find it!

Scott Hubl
04-13-2008, 6:14 PM
Fred,
Tims show has never been on "DIY".

It is a PBS broadcast.;)

Fred Conte
04-14-2008, 1:35 PM
Fred,
Tims show has never been on "DIY".

It is a PBS broadcast.;)
'Oops meant PBS - thanks Scott:)

I tried searching google videos but couldn't find Tim, could someone point me to the correct google videos?

Thanks!

Fred

Scott Hubl
04-14-2008, 1:53 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=woodturning&num=20&so=0&start=0&filter=0

Google Video, search through and you'll find them.