PDA

View Full Version : Saw cabinet done

Anthony Yakonick
03-27-2004, 11:25 PM
It's done, the drawers cherry with a cove around the edge and the door is a flat panel with cherry stiles and rails and the panel is the back side of some 1/4" lauan plywood. Also I made the door with a Kreg jig. Keeping with the decor on the other shop cabs I hand turned the pulls from mahogany and ebony with each one having a different profile.

Anthony Yakonick
03-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Now just to show you I have returned to it's original use ;)

Jim Becker
03-27-2004, 11:41 PM
Now just to show you I have returned to it's original use

But at least you have those nice flat surfaces below the wings to temporarily store the turnings and turning tools when you have to cut a piece of flat lumber!

Seriously, nice job on the cabinet, Anthony. It looks great!

Tyler Howell
03-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Alright Tony! Looking Good.

Dean Baumgartner
03-28-2004, 3:49 PM
Very nice Tony!

Are the different profiles on the knobs something you do just for fun or are they samples so you have ideas for future projects. I kind of like the idea of useing shop cabinets and fixtures to try out new things.

Dean

Anthony Yakonick
03-28-2004, 5:56 PM
Thanks folks, I learned a few lessons along the way. A good tune up on the saw helps along with a few sleds and jigs my cuts are square now. If/when I do another large "flat" project like this I'll finish the job before I mount the tool. My shop is small and set up for turning so I wanted to get the case out of the way quick so I mounted the saw and the finished the door and drawers and installing them on my old knees was a pita.
Now for the hard part, I have to inform some folks :D that my name is not Tony, not that it's a real problem but in person I won't answer also if my mother hears you call me Tony she WOULD break you of that habit :D. Most folks call me Anthony but friends call me Yak(you figure it out)

Anthony

Anthony Yakonick
03-28-2004, 9:37 PM
Very nice Tony!

Are the different profiles on the knobs something you do just for fun or are they samples so you have ideas for future projects. I kind of like the idea of useing shop cabinets and fixtures to try out new things.

Dean
The knobs on my shop cabs are all made from exotics, ebony, bubinga, pink ivory, etc. I decided when I build cabs they should have a "turners touch" and as in my turnings nothing is the same as the last one or the next one.

Anthony

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Anthony
Very nice cabinet.
Well executed.
Daniel :cool: