PDA

View Full Version : ¼ Sheet Pad Sanders

Ted Shrader
03-08-2003, 12:05 PM
All -

I am in need of a new ¼ sheet palm sander. Had a Makita for years. Reliable, but it seemed to leave an excess of swirl marks.

Any thoughts?

Ted

Ken Salisbury
03-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Ted --- I have 2 Dewalt 1/4 sheet palm sanders which have served me very well --- I recommend them

Don Brillhart
03-08-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree with Ken. Can't go wrong with the Dewalt.

Todd Burch
03-08-2003, 3:14 PM
I gave up on 1/4 sheet pad sanders. I have a Porter Cable gathering dust right now. Too slow to change paper, gotta stop and rip paper, and not agressive enough when you need it. I've been using my ROS a lot, but the more I strive for faster progress, I'm using my belt sander more and more.
Todd.

George@Colonel's Workshop
03-08-2003, 3:26 PM
Good Afternoon Ted,

I also have the Makita, and after nearly 10 years it is still strong, although the clips are finally getting "tired". I bought the Porter Cable #330, which has been around for years, and rightly so. It allows sanding with each of the four sides because the Speedblock's design features the power cord exiting the top of the sander. It is very smooth, very quiet, and aggressive. It is easily the easiest sander to hold and use.

George

Ted Shrader
03-08-2003, 5:53 PM
All -

Thank you for your inputs. Going shopping tonight after dinner. Will give them the "feel" test.

I already have a couple of PC ROSs - that way I don't have to change grit back and forth. Just looking for the corners to get a little more than a couple of strokes with a sanding block.

Ted

Stan Smith
03-08-2003, 6:00 PM
I have the pc 1/4" sheet sander, but I use the pc 333 ros for almost everything. I also have a dewalt 6" ros, a Fein, and 2 bosch belt sanders. Glad to answer any que's on any of them.

Stan