PDA

View Full Version : ST Media Group - Books/Videos

Scott Shepherd
04-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I'm always willing to share the bad customer service experiences I have, so I thought it was time I shared a good one.

At SignWorld 2007, I saw a booth full of books and videos. I was looking at them quickly and saw a lot of great titles, but we only had minutes before we had to leave, or just stuck in crazy traffic, so I picked up a catalog and headed out.

They had a couple of books and DVD's I was interested in. One was a vinyl lettering DVD. It was marketed as being a combination of 2 previous VHS tapes, and was sold as 60 minutes of technique and application tips.

The other was a commercial sign pricing guide (no laser stuff).

Ordered both online, both came within 2-3 days. The DVD was only 40 minutes long and lacked the application tips and tricks I thought it was advertised for. I emailed them and noted the difference from the 60 minute advertised, and the lack of tips. It was really more about tools than techniques.

The pricing guide was excellent. It's already helped me a lot.

I didn't ask for a refund, I just sent a note, telling them that I thought they needed to change their wording to more accurately describe what was on the DVD.

I received an email from them within hours, telling me they were refunding my money for the DVD and that they had changed their product description to reflect the 40 minute DVD instead of 60 minute.

Very very generous, since I didn't ask for a refund, plus they actually changed the text, as they said they would.

They have a lot of really great books on layout, colors, and designing things. It's a very targeted bookstore and I'd recommend looking at their products. You might see something that interests you. Good people to deal with, and from this thread, you can see they stand behind their products.

I'm going back to order more books shortly.

I know this is more sign related, but there are quite a few books that would help out the laser folks a lot.

Scott Shepherd
04-09-2008, 4:28 PM
Forgot to post the link! DOHHHH

http://bookstore.stmediagroup.com/