PDA

View Full Version : One bolt made the Difference

Bob Hallowell
04-09-2008, 3:49 AM
When turning big bowls the belt has been slipping when I get near the outside of the bowl and I needed to take light cuts. Last night while roughing out a 14" bowl (yes those shavings are from just on bowl :D) I notice my motor plate was lifting slightly I couldn't believe it was lifting an 80lb plate and an 80 lb motor. So I ran one bolt to hold it down and it made all the difference in the world, no more stalling. I was planning on upgrading to expensive poly v belts but now I can use that money to buy more tools.

the motor is only a 1 1/2 but it is a baldor vector duty I got cheap on the bay and it is rated at 90% torque at 6 hz. so I am able to run just one belt for about 100 rpm's to 2400.

Bob

David Walser
04-09-2008, 3:55 AM
Glad you fixed the problem, but it looks like someone is in desperate need of a coring system! Now that you don't need a new belt, a coring system should fit in the budget, right?

Bob Hallowell
04-09-2008, 3:59 AM
You got a good point I will have to tell the loml that and she what she says;)

Bob

robert hainstock
04-09-2008, 11:05 AM
All those shavings make great mulch, Or the coring system.:confused::confused:
Bob

Bernie Weishapl
04-09-2008, 1:54 PM
Good to see you got the problem fixed Bob. Yep I stood in my shop one day and said chips or oneway easy core, chips or oneway easy core. The oneway won out. Just picked up some big wood today to give it a go.

Bob Hallowell
04-09-2008, 2:22 PM
well father's day is in June and my birthday is in July maybe if I starting hinting now I can have a gloat in future.

Bob