PDA

View Full Version : How about that Kansas team?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
What an absolutely exciting game. Both teams played well. What a game!

Tim Morton
04-08-2008, 5:52 AM
Great game....I wonder how the Memphis coach feels now about his free throw shooting>;)

Bryan Rocker
04-08-2008, 8:56 AM
IT was a GREAT game. I think Memphis lost the bubble when Kansas tied it in regulation play. From that point on KU has the momentum. It was everything a championship game should be. Not the blowout some games become. One other issue was when Dorsey fouled out in regulation play. He was a dominant factor but he wasn't there for overtime....

So the chant for the day must be

ROCK CHALK KU!!!!

:D:D:D

Jim O'Dell
04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I was rooting for KU, but gave up with about 4 minutes to go. It was already past my bedtime! :rolleyes: I was shocked to hear KU tied it up and won in overtime. Right up till I turned the TV off, it was a great game. I see it only got better after that. Jim.

David Duke
04-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I really had no favorites and was just hoping for a good game............got that and more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This game really drives home the importance of free throws.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
David....I don't watch basketball. But when it gets down to the Sweet 16 I do. I didn't have a favorite in that game. What I like about college sports over pro sports is the effect emotions can have. I think when Kansas tied it up with a 3 pointer and 2 seconds to go....Memphis lost it emotionally and never quite recovered in the OT. Still....one of the most exciting college bb games I have ever watch.

Jeff Bower
04-08-2008, 11:23 AM
one of the most exciting college bb games I have ever watch.

Indeed!! http://maubow.weebly.com/uploads/5/3/5/5/535563/1536809.jpeg
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Greg Cole
04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I gave up on basketball years ago... but living in Kansas City ya can't ignore it completely. Kinda like football & living in Chief country, yet not being a football fan.
Anyone know what the heck the "Rock Chalk" chant actually means? I've heard it for years and never bothered to ask...?

Greg

Ken Fitzgerald
04-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Greg,

Check out this site

http://www.rockchalk.com/john/john/rock.html

Greg Cole
04-08-2008, 1:09 PM
And as I've heard for so many years "That's the rest of the story".

Thanks Ken.

Greg

Jamie Baalmann
04-15-2008, 8:07 PM
The birthplace of basketball takes another title :)

Mike Conley
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Congratulations Jayhawks fans!

I grew up in Memphis and graduated from Memphis so I was rooting for my Tigers. When they didn't win in regulation I figured it was over. It was a heart breaker for us!

It was an exciting game! A little too exciting for me.

Derrick Rose, our sensational freshman, has decided to go to the NBA. Thats a bummer!