PDA

View Full Version : Small Gloat

Robert E Johnson III
04-07-2008, 7:04 PM
I picked up this HL 850 E Festool planer from the NC Department of Revenue Drug Seizure Property in Raleigh For a sealed bid of $161.61 which I won. The condition of this planer is in excellant condition which I ran for about 3 minutes and was very satisfied with the results. Another tool to my collection.http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

Bruce Pennell
04-07-2008, 7:34 PM
Good haul Robert....check out the new heads they have now. The Festool Rep was showing me how they are doing the antique rough look with one. He had 3 heads. I never thought I would have a use for the hand held planer, but he sparked my interest. Enjoy the new toy and be safe! Bruce, I'm out here in the southwest near Tucson, AZ and they have a ton of the old style ranch furniture coming out of Mexico. The rough look is really in out here.

Jim Becker
04-07-2008, 7:56 PM
That's a great little planer and with the additions that Bruce mentions, it can do a lot of very neat things. I had the pleasure of playing with one a few years ago compliments on Bob Marino and was quite surprised at how good a tool it is.

Tim Malyszko
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow. Great deal and an interesting way to buy it. Enjoy the planer. Any time one can pick up any Festool product for less than 1/2 list price, is a heck of a gloat!
Have you won other bids before in police seizures?

Robert E Johnson III
04-08-2008, 5:33 AM
No Tim this is this is the only purchase that I have won on the auction but I'm always looking. I'm going to purchase the other heads for the planer to get the antique and ruff look. Thanks guys.