PDA

View Full Version : what can you tell me about this Delta planer?

Tyler Davis
04-07-2008, 4:15 PM
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/tls/630007264.html
can anyone tell me about this type of planer? I heard that some of the cast iron stationary planers have trouble with the feed rollers marking the workpiece when taking very thin passes. what kind of surface finish could I expect from this model? Is $300 a reasonable price on the used market?

Ron Williams
04-07-2008, 4:34 PM
It appears to be a delta Invicta model. I used 1 for several years, when it is setup properly it gives a nice finish

Craig Kershaw
04-08-2008, 9:30 AM
Tyler - That looks to be the same model planer I have, a 22-660. This is a heavy duty planer, definitely more solid than the "lunchbox" machines. I got mine used from a guy who advertised on the Creek. I paid $400 for it. If you look at the comments from other Creekers on the sale listing you'll see it is well like. Do a search on "Harrisonburg" and you'll find the comments.

Matt Meiser
04-08-2008, 9:51 AM
I would say its a good price. In comparison with a lunch box, it is a much heavier duty machine and will tend to quieter. On the other hand it takes more space.

In my experience with a similar 15" model, you can't take as light of a cut as with a lunchbox. The serrated infeed roller is going to leave marks at a certain dept and if you take too light a cut it isn't going to remove those marks.

Tyler Davis
04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
thanks guys

the footprint is a concern in my little 10x20 half-garage

how much space do these models take up?