PDA

View Full Version : Lenox saw blades

Tom Godley
04-07-2008, 1:59 PM
In setting up my MM16 I noticed that the Lenox blades that MM shipped are Lenox "Woodmaster" carbide blades.

I only remember talking and seeing the "Trimaster"

I looked on the Lenox site -- but do not see "Woodmaster"

Any ideas??

Thanks - TAG

Izzy Camire
04-07-2008, 2:19 PM
I used to use Lenox Woodmaster blades on my sawmill. It was band type of mill. Maybe try checking that part of the website. They are carbon steel blades.

Jim Becker
04-07-2008, 4:32 PM
Woodmaster CT is a new blade specifically designed for wood cutting...and it's less expensive than the TriMaster by about $100. The TriMaster reportedly still has a better "finish", but at a cost.

Jamie Buxton
04-07-2008, 6:09 PM
I can't find the Woodmaster CT on Lennox's site, which is certainly odd. I can find mention of it on a dealer's site. According to them, it has 1.3 teeth per inch, and Lennox intends it for bandsaw mills -- y'know, slabbing up trees. The 1.3 tpi spec probably accounts for the lower price -- fewer expensive teeth.

Eddie Darby
04-07-2008, 6:12 PM
Web-sites are notorious for being behind the times! Give it time and it will appear.

Paul Simmel
04-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I got my Woodmaster CT from here: http://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/

\

John Thompson
04-08-2008, 12:56 AM
It's on the Lennox web-site (or at least was a month ago) so just dig deep. It is designed to give a rougher cut but IMO that's not a big deal as I am going to surface after re-sawing regardless of how smooth the cut is. I have never seen a cut off any BS blade I would use without surfacing.

I use the Lennox 3/4" bi-metal 3 TPI as it essentially does the same thing as the Woodmaster CT. But it will only out-last a carbon blade about 5-6 times. The WM CT will probably do 10 +.. so I just get two blades at the same price and re-order one at a time always having a back-up.

Sarge..

Jamie Buxton
04-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I got my Woodmaster CT from here: http://www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/

\

So does it really have 1.3 tpi?

Paul Simmel
04-08-2008, 4:30 PM
I didn't measure, but it looks like it.

... yes.