PDA

View Full Version : How long to get to the soldiers?

Tim Dennis
04-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Just curious, how long does it take the pens to make it to the troops once the pen turner sends the off?

Keith Outten
04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Tim,

It depends on how many pens we are receiving at any given time and of course the number of requests coming in. These days pens are trickling in and requests are fairly regular so pens are in and out the door pretty quick, certainly less than two weeks right now.

Once Jackie receives pens she counts them and updates our Master List. They are then placed in a container she uses to fill orders from units as they come in. Your pens could end up going anywhere from Baghdad to Afghanistan and to several different units.

Most of the time you will get an email from the Service members who receive your pens, sometimes it can take awhile.

Tim Dennis
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Sounds great, thanks Keith!

dave barnhart
06-28-2008, 9:18 AM
It depends on certain conditions in Iraq, but 14 to 20 days is the usual time it take from mailing to receiving. I have only had two packages 'lost' in transit over a 1 year deployment.

I can show you a picture or two of how the 40' containers are packed, so my recommendation is to use ample padding and a strong box when sending stuff.