PDA

View Full Version : Need Manual for RAS

Craig D Peltier
04-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Anyone have one for 113.198251 Its a 10" Craftsman 2.5hp with digital measurement.Im aware it has a recall as well.
I googled and found that site that has old woodworking machines and has alot of manuals on it but not this one. It might be OWW.com
Sears charges $8 plus shipping.

Howard Acheson
04-07-2008, 2:16 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking. Can't you just buy it from Sears?

Craig D Peltier
04-07-2008, 4:24 PM
I'm not sure what you are asking. Can't you just buy it from Sears?

Yes I think it says that in post for $8. Only ripoff company I know that makes you pay for them. I paid 25 for saw im not about to pay 8 bucks for a manual.

Michael Lutz
04-07-2008, 9:15 PM
I called Emerson for the recall and they told me that my RAS was not in the recall. They asked if there was something else they could do for me. I said I would like a manual, so they sent me a copy of the manual for free. It may be worth a call.

Mike

Jeff Bratt
04-07-2008, 9:38 PM
$8 for a hardcopy of a manual is quite reasonable. If you want to print your own:
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/pub/sp5982-3.pdf
Google is your friend...

Craig D Peltier
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
$8 for a hardcopy of a manual is quite reasonable. If you want to print your own:
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/pub/sp5982-3.pdf
Google is your friend...

Reasonable? You usually can download them on any manufacturers site. Other than sears.

I have this pdf you listed above.Its not the manual for the saw its a manual on how to install the new guard from the recall for the RASs listed.

Thanks for the try. I googled too. Thats where I found bobvilas website. Tons of people asking for the manuals and griping about sears unjustly amount of $8 for a manual and not having it stored on there site.

Craig D Peltier
04-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I called Emerson for the recall and they told me that my RAS was not in the recall. They asked if there was something else they could do for me. I said I would like a manual, so they sent me a copy of the manual for free. It may be worth a call.

Mike
Thanks I will call them. Good tip. Theres alot of switches on my saw and levers etc. That I am not familiar with. I havent used a RAS since 89

Jeff Bratt
04-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Yes, Sears should also have the manuals available for download. I guess your saw isn't yet old enought to qualify for OWWM. Once you install the retrofit kit, that PDF pretty much becomes the new owner's manual.