PDA

View Full Version : Please help (resizing pictures)

Robert E Johnson III
04-06-2008, 2:15 PM
I need to attache a photo but it is too big. How do I reduce the size?

David DeCristoforo
04-06-2008, 2:17 PM
What program are you using for image editing?

DYDM

glenn bradley
04-06-2008, 2:21 PM
Here's a thread that will help: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=78508

Jim O'Dell
04-06-2008, 2:23 PM
I use a freeware program called Irfanview. Very easy to use, and the price is right!! I click the fast button of 600X800 and set on 72 dpi. Almost always works. sometimes I have to adjust one or both on photos with lots of information in them (color). Just do a googlesearch on it. Plus check the archives. There are lots of good programs that others use that they like equally well. Some free, some not. Most likely you have some type of program already on your computer that was bundled with other software, or hardware you installed. Jim.

Frank McKinney
04-06-2008, 7:01 PM
I normally just e-mail it to myself. Go into windows explorer (my computer/my documents/my photos, etc) and find the image (don't double click on it to open it up). Right click on it and select "send to" and select "mail recipient". It'll ask if you want it to stay original size or reduced size. Select reduced size and e-mail it to yourself.

When the e-mail arrives, open the attachment and save it where ever you want it saved and go from there.

It's a quick and easy way if you don't have software to edit/reduce the size.

Frank

Sam Yerardi
04-06-2008, 7:12 PM
If it's a bitmap or you save it as a bit map so you can view it in Paint, you can (in Paint) just go to size and Attributes and scale it down. Very simple. It's what I do so I can post pictures because of size limitations.

Jay Hart
04-06-2008, 8:21 PM
Easiest thing in the world if you are using Windows XP:

Go to the folder containin the file and highlight the file
Rt click to get the context menu
click on "Resize Picture"
Select one of the four sizes offered (they will all be smaller than the original file)
Click OK, and voila! a reduced copy of your photo is placed in the same directory as the original. You original remains unchanged

Tom Veatch
04-06-2008, 9:26 PM
Rt click to get the context menu
click on "Resize Picture"...

Not entirely sure, but that capablility may not be native to the XP OS. If not, it can easily be added by downloading the Image Resizer Powertoy (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx) from the Microsoft website. (Works very well!)