PDA

View Full Version : CarveWright Beta users?

Rob Will
04-06-2008, 10:59 AM
I have one of the original 200 CarveWright Beta machines. Mine has worked ok but there has been a conspicuous silence from LHR Technologies.

Upon purchase, I was told that Beta users would be offered free software upgrades and that images would be added to the built-in carving library as they became available. I have seen no free software upgrades and the only additions to the carving library that I see are the ones that you can download for approx $10 - $70 each (???) Holy smokes!

Also, the images that were included in the original Beta software were limited and somewhat grainy. Has this improved?

Overall, I have been happy with my CarveWright but did I miss something along the way?

Thanks,
Rob

James Stokes
04-06-2008, 12:03 PM
The only software upgrade you get is the centerline text.

Bob Reda
04-06-2008, 1:16 PM
Rob,

I was a beta tester also, all I got was the ability to pay another $500 to get a new refurbished machine with an additional warranty. I guess they made so many changes to the beta machine they do not have parts for it anymore. There hasn't been a software upgrade, you should already have the centerline text and their new library is all pay.

Bob

Rob Will
04-06-2008, 2:25 PM
They sure sang a sweet song when I was buying the CarveWright. Promises of support and upgrades. Now we get left high and dry(?).

I think the $500 was too high because when you add what the Beta machine originally cost, you end up with a higher price tag than if you had just waited and purchased a new machine outright.

If they were planning to not support the Beta machines they should have told us so when the $500 upgrade offer was made:(:mad:.

Rob

Eddie Darby
04-06-2008, 8:01 PM
Sounds like it is the customers that are getting Carved up Wright here!:eek: