PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 Caster Question

Charlie Barnes
04-06-2008, 8:46 AM
Hello All,

I've had a PM2000 for about 4 months now and have a question related to raising and lowering the casters. They are very easy to lower (= raise the saw) although it requires a lot of cranks. It seems that it is geared down quite a bit. However, it is quite difficult to raise the casters (= lower the saw). I can raise the saw with one hand on the wheel, however lowering the saw requires both hands and a lot of effort. My expectation is that it would be about the same both directions (or maybe just slightly more difficult when raising the saw since you are working against gravity). This is the opposite condition of that.

Is this normal or is something wrong? Thanks.

Charlie

Matt Ocel
04-06-2008, 6:42 PM
I set my PM2000 in place about a month ago and to be honest I was so excited that I didn't notice.

Rob Bodenschatz
04-06-2008, 7:14 PM
Charlie, it sounds like something's wrong. I've had a PM2000 for almost two years & I haven't had the problem you describe. You may want to call PM about this.

Charlie Barnes
04-06-2008, 9:46 PM
Charlie, it sounds like something's wrong. I've had a PM2000 for almost two years & I haven't had the problem you describe. You may want to call PM about this.

Rob - I'll follow up with them. Thanks.