PDA

View Full Version : Rowmark questions

Dee Gallo
04-05-2008, 5:52 PM
Hi everyone -

I have been reading posts about this topic, but still have a few questions.

I need to make a pocket badge (folded to go over a pocket) with a color filled logo on the front. I only need to make one. I assume I should use something like Rowmark 1/16" Lasermax? Is that stiff enough to look substantial? He wants it to be like a mini-sign he can wear at conventions. I do not have a heat tape thingy, is there another way to create the fold? This guy will pay me $40 to make it, so I figure it's worth making one, but it's a bit different from what I usually do, so I need some professional advice.

Thanks, dee

Bill Parker
04-05-2008, 6:27 PM
It would be stiff enough. If I was going to do it, I would get a plastic pocket clip from Johnson Plastics (there less that 50 cents each) and attach the Rowmark to the clip.

Dee Gallo
04-05-2008, 6:36 PM
Thanks, Bill, good suggestion to solve my problem. I wonder if they would sell one single or I have to buy 100? I'll go and look at their site.

cheers, dee

Keith Outten
04-05-2008, 8:12 PM
Dee,

I don't see why you couldn't heat bend Rowmark plastic. I haven't done it myself but you might be able to use a hair dryer since it is so thin.

Just a thought

Scott Shepherd
04-05-2008, 8:57 PM
You can buy the pre-bent one's as well. I don't have a catalog in front of me, but I know I've seen them before. Less choice of colors, but there were some good choices. Look for them in the catalogs while you're searching.

Bill Parker
04-05-2008, 9:30 PM
Yeah, you can buy singles. As far as the hairdryer, I don't think it would work on 1/16, but if someone has tried it, please let us know.

Mike Null
04-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Dee
Call Johnson Plastic and they'll send a sample or pm your address and I'll send one.