PDA

View Full Version : Commissioned Collaboration

Gary Herrmann
04-05-2008, 5:09 PM
A friend of ours is an avid golfer. He takes a trip every Spring to Fl to play with some college buddies. They all went to Mizzou - which is what caused me to pick the wood for the trophy.

They also like to have a few beers after, so I turned the trophy in the shape of a pilsner glass. Tiger maple and cherry are the materials.

My wife is a newbie carver so she decided she'd like to carve the inscription. I think she did a good job. We left the base thick per his request so the winner of their annual tournament can sign it. 9" overall height.

Ron McKinley
04-05-2008, 5:12 PM
Nice work and great carving! ....Ron

Bernie Weishapl
04-05-2008, 5:50 PM
Very nice work and great carving.

Stan Cook
04-05-2008, 6:00 PM
That is a fantastic trophy. Sure beats the plastic crap from the trophy shop.

Eugene Malone
04-05-2008, 6:19 PM
Nice thought and nice trophy hope they can remember who won it. Regards Eugene

Tom Sontag
04-05-2008, 8:27 PM
Hey Gary, that's really nice. She did a great job. However, your form seems just a teeny bit off from the pilsner glasses I am familiar with. I hereby sentence you to 7 nights of hard research.

Steve Schlumpf
04-05-2008, 8:33 PM
Great looking trophy Gary! Tiger... I get it! LOL

Gary Herrmann
04-05-2008, 8:56 PM
Hey Gary, that's really nice. She did a great job. However, your form seems just a teeny bit off from the pilsner glasses I am familiar with. I hereby sentence you to 7 nights of hard research.

I am always willing to do more research.

Ben Gastfriend
04-06-2008, 9:22 AM
Looks great. I'll agree about the junk you get for trophies now. A bunch of black molded plastic with some yellow paint. Your's is Much better than that!