PDA

View Full Version : Engrave lab...

Mike Burroughs
04-05-2008, 2:36 AM
Does anyone have any experience with EnagraveLab?....

Mine always seems to crash or shut down....No idea why.. any other program runs fine on the same computer so i know it's not the computer.

any help plz..

Mike

Mike Null
04-05-2008, 6:39 AM
Mike

I'm fairly new to EngravLab and find it more difficult than expected. Have you availed your self of all the tutorials they have?

Have you contacted CadLink for help? You have to leave a message but they usually call back within an hour. They also offer online help.

Mine has crashed 3 or 4 times I think because I was trying to do something the software won't do. And a couple of times I forgot to insert the dongle.

Belinda Barfield
04-05-2008, 7:59 AM
I'm fairly new to EngravLab and find it more difficult than expected.

Mike, it's interesting to read this. I only work in EngravLab and have not worked with Corel as everyone talks about the steep learning curve, etc., with Corel. I've been somewhat intimidated by the software monster. Do you find EngavLab more difficult, less difficult, or about the same level of difficulty, as compared to Corel?

Mike Null
04-05-2008, 8:27 AM
Belinda

I've been working with Corel for 10 years and am pretty comfortable with it and most of the suite.

I've only had EngravLab for about 4 months and I bought it to operate a rotary/diamond drag engraver I recently acquired. I find it very difficult to learn--more so than Corel but things aren't equal. When I started with Corel I was doing only laser engraving so I devoted all my time to it.

Now I'm doing that plus sublimation plus rotary engraving and trying to get started with vinyl as well. The result is that I put down Engravlab for days at a time and have to refresh myself when I do use it.

It has some nice features and I could use it for all my equipment but I like Corel better.

Belinda Barfield
04-05-2008, 8:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I need to make the effort with Corel just so I can use all the great stuff posted here! Like you, I really can't devote my full attention to learning new software right now. A very large company just down the street from my business is purchasing a laser within the next month or so. They aren't competition for me as they will just use the laser for in house production. Actually, I will pick up the overflow from them. They have a huge graphics design department using Corel. When their laser arrives I get to sit in on their training sessions, and will have the opportunity to meet with their graphics people for one on one instruction. A win-win situation all around.

Mike Null
04-05-2008, 10:06 AM
One of the other advantages of Corel is the number of tutorials available on the web. This fellow does a very good job and has more than 70 tutorials on youtube. The tutorials were sparse when I started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtpo5TfrZo