PDA

View Full Version : Mac and Cheese: Woodworking Applications

Peter Quinn
04-04-2008, 10:01 PM
During a recent panel raising session using MD Lite for some paint grade doors I grew sick of being pummeled with dust I could not contain. Ear muffs on, covered in dust, mask still on, I ran upstairs looking for a quick cardboard fix.

First thing I found was a bulk box of mac and cheese in the pantry. I grunted at my now curious wife "I need this" and left with the box in hand. I used the corregated outer box to form a dust shroud I was too busy to make properly. No actual mac and cheese was injured in the production of these doors.

Later, my now very curious and sarcastic wife asked, "If you're making cabinets down there, what are you using the mac&cheese for? Have you finally run out of glue?"

Here are a few pics. When it comes to dust collection and shapers, if you're not using Mac&Cheese you may not be getting the most out of your machines.:eek::eek::eek:

David DeCristoforo
04-04-2008, 10:05 PM
So what, exactly, happened to the mac and cheese?

YM (DD)

Peter Quinn
04-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh, yeah, my experiment with making my own casein glue failed!:D

That was the outer layer of a ten pack from cosco. I put the actual product safe in its individual boxes back in the pantry a few days later.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-04-2008, 10:21 PM
I put the actual product safe in its individual boxes back in the pantry a few days later.

With or without sawdust? Did you add some fiber to the mac and cheese?

Peter Quinn
04-04-2008, 10:29 PM
No need for a Dylos meter, it was dusty! I tried using a tack cloth to clean the shells but it started to get tedious...

Funny thing is I had forgotten the box was taped to the shaper till a friend came over and noted "this explains a lot about the quality of your work...its like the spaghetti western version of woodworking!"

Carl Fox
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Be honest, you just wanted to gloat about your power-feeder.

Peter Quinn
04-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Actually the more I use that griz feeder the less I like it. Their bottom speed is a bit quick for many operations, and the top speed is insane! There aren't many things I can run at 50ft/minute on a shaper!

Course its the one I could afford and I can still count to ten. Using my fingers. With a little help and a few reminders...