PDA

View Full Version : My official gloat

Lori Kleinberg
04-04-2008, 6:08 PM
I didn't really need a new table saw but the hubby insisted, so who am I to argue:D. Seriously,:( I was so frustrated with trying to set up and keep aligned my Rigid 2400, that my husband made me buy a new saw the last time I was at Woodworkers Source picking up some BB ply. Of course it was on back order :mad:for a couple weeks and then it took time to get help to set it up, but finally here is my Jet ProShop table saw with 30" fence and cast wings.
85790 85791 85792
I will also be posting some new shop pictures in the workshop forum as soon as I get done uploading the pics.
Thanks for looking.

Frank McKinney
04-04-2008, 6:11 PM
Fine-looking saw. Nice when someone notices your frustration and twists your arm to get something better, huh?

Congratulations again,

Frank

Brad Noble
04-04-2008, 6:15 PM
I didn't really need a new table saw but the hubby insisted, 85790 85791 85792
I will also be posting some new shop pictures in the workshop forum as soon as I get done uploading the pics.
Thanks for looking.

Fine-looking saw. Nice when someone notices your frustration and twists your arm to get something better, huh?

Congratulations again,

Frank

QFT Frank.
congrats from here as well.

Brad

Jacob Reverb
04-04-2008, 8:15 PM
That looks like a nice saw...congrats!

Enjoy...and be safe.

Jacob.

Jim Becker
04-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Everyone needs a new tool once in awhile...congrats!

Peter Quinn
04-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Beauty...I hear those are hard to come by! How do you like it?

J. Z. Guest
04-04-2008, 10:42 PM
In one photo, I can see the TS2400 languishing in the background. So sad!

Mine has been just great. The only thing that has needed attention, alignment-wise, has been the splitter.

That is a nice, shiny new Jet though!

I can't believe how big the OFF paddle and miter gauge handle are.

Jude Tuliszewski
04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Very nice, new iron is always fun, even the set up (to me) is fun. Happy cutting.

Peter Quadarella
04-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Congrats Lori! Nice looking machine. :)

Rick Gifford
04-05-2008, 1:31 AM
Looks like the rails are long enough you can add some table there. Maybe a good place for a router insert!

John Thompson
04-05-2008, 2:03 AM
Very nice TS Miss Lori.. and very nice of your hubby to tell you to go get one. Now I wonder what he's up too? :D Now if ya can't find the Kill switch on that baby, you probably shound not be in the shop. :D

Boy.. I'm having all kind of fun with this thread... :)

On a serious note... it is a nice saw and I was wondering if that is the Jet adjustable light base under the saw or the Jet heavy duty base. I have one light-weigh the router cab sit on.. a heavy under my 450 lb. BS and a heavy under my 450 lb. joiner. These are excellent bases even though I did have to go with a tubular under my 600 lb. morticer as it's kind of an industrail beast.

Good luck and have fun...

Sarge..

Raymond Fries
04-05-2008, 8:03 AM
Nice new tool. It should serve you well for a long time.

Happy woodworking:)

Lori Kleinberg
04-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. I am trying to finish my DP table on the router right now which is just as well since I can't run my DC and saw at the same time. Time for the hubby to do some electrical work since the saw was his idea;).
John, I believe the mobile base is the heavy duty one. When we ordered the saw, my husband told the guy he wanted the same base as they had with the display.
Rick I hope to add some outfeed tables one of these days. Just as soon as I get caught up on my to do list, probably in about 10 years:p, lol.
Jeremy, the spltter always needed realigning everytime I took the guard off, but that was easy. It just seemed like the fence was never properly aligned and no matter what I did I could not get it right:(. Also we bought this saw because I needed something mobile. I didn't think it out right because the only way to move it was to pick up one end and push. I have a 10lb weight restriction :mad:so that was not possible for me to do. So even though the Jet is a bigger, heavier saw, it is actually easier for me to move.
Peter, I did run some test pieces with the shop vac hooked up. What a mess! But that saw was sweet, very smooth and the 45 degree was right on out of the box. Made a real sweet looking miter.
Jim, luckily the hubby has a poor memory. He doesn't remember that in the last year he bought me a scroll saw, drill press, router bit set and bushings and now the table saw with the base. Of course I also had to get a straight edge and feeler gauge to go along with it for the set up.
Anyway, I think we did our part to help stimulate the economy:D.