PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Bound

Ron Ainge
04-04-2008, 4:24 PM
I will be traveling to the Richmond Virginia later this month and was wondering if there are turners in that area that could direct me to areas that might be worth seeing while I am there. It would also be nice to meet and greet peopel in that area and learn some new skill from each other.

Tim A. Mitchell
04-04-2008, 7:23 PM
What sort of things do you like to see, and what sort of time do you have? Planning any side trips, such as out to the beach / OBX?

Keep in mind Richmond is a good place to base out of to hit several types of things, within an hour or two . . . from Charlotsville to VA Beach.

There are wineries out by C-ville, historical sites all over (C-ville, Williamsburg, Jamestown, DC), and many other types of sights to see.

If you have not been, head up to DC for a day, swing through the monuments, and look around at a small portion of the Smithsonian.

If you like microbrews, head over to the Capital Ale House, or the Legend Brewery. The Legend has a nice deck if the weather is nice.

Ron Ainge
04-05-2008, 7:23 PM
Tim thanks for the reply. I get into DC for a meeting on the 26th then we will head to a friends house to stay for four days. I was hoping to see some history as well as areas that have some woodworking interest to them.

I would also like to get together with some creekers if there are any in the area.

Bernie Weishapl
04-05-2008, 7:43 PM
Ron not far from DC is Charlettesville. Jefferson home is there and is well worth the time. I was absolutely amazed. Williamsburg is another good place as is downtown Richmond.