PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

Pete Jordan
04-04-2008, 4:01 PM
I hope the tornado left Dennis, Mark and any other creekers safe!

My prayers are with you.

Bernie Weishapl
04-04-2008, 9:44 PM
I was going to ask the same thing Pete. I hope everyone down there is ok. Prayers are with everyone.

neil mackay
04-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Yep ditto for me as well.

in the aftermath there should be some decent turning lumber around. Its a ill wind.......

Dennis Peacock
04-05-2008, 8:44 AM
Woooo-Weeeee..!!!! That there was some kind of weather now wasn't it.!!!! As best I know it right now, the following Creeker's are ok here locally: Me :) , Mark Cothren, Joe Meazle, and Zahid Naqvi. Some folks didn't have homes to come back to after the storm and I ask that we all offer thoughts and prayers for all those that did suffer loss.

It did get pretty rough here at the house and we did get a call from one of our neighbors telling us that a tornado was spotted just about 1 mile from our house and we woke the kids and I got all them into a closet, then I went outside to see what I could see. :D I've always went outside to watch for the storms as I was taught this by my grandfather and have done this all my life.

Thanks so much for asking!!!!!

David Sallee
04-05-2008, 9:28 AM
Glad to hear everyones is ok and we will keep all that lost in our prayers....

Monday when the storms went through here, we had a tornado touch down about 2 miles from our house BUT it was also 1 block away from my wifes work (while she was working :eek: ) really freaked her out... I was in Parsons KS at the time working ... (90 miles away)

Was really worried if I had a house to come home too.... :confused:

Dave

Steve Schlumpf
04-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear everyone made it through the storm! Nature has a way of getting your attention every now and then!

Larry Marley
04-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I flew out of Little Rock at 4:30 pm last Thursday. I did not like the clouds we flew through on the way out. Glad to hear at least there were no serious injuries this time.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-05-2008, 11:53 AM
That's one thing I don't miss about the Midwest or deep South...tornados.

Glad everyone was safe!

Glenn Hodges
04-05-2008, 2:33 PM
I have been thinking about everyone else while I stay glued to the TV and radio with these thunderstorms moving through with tormado watches plastered. It keeps one motivated to stay alert.

Nathan Camp
04-05-2008, 6:39 PM
It did get pretty rough here at the house and we did get a call from one of our neighbors telling us that a tornado was spotted just about 1 mile from our house and we woke the kids and I got all them into a closet, then I went outside to see what I could see. :D I've always went outside to watch for the storms as I was taught this by my grandfather and have done this all my life.

Glad you made it through alright. Two or three weeks ago, we had two tornados come by. One went about a mile north of me, the other, about four hours later, went about a mile south of me.

I was standing on the front porch watching the hail come down. I learned that from my father.

nathan

Fred Conte
04-05-2008, 7:32 PM
I have been thinking about everyone else while I stay glued to the TV and radio with these thunderstorms moving through with tormado watches plastered. It keeps one motivated to stay alert.

I know what you mean Glen, here in central Florida we've been getting very severe thunderstorms with sightings of tornadoes.

I'm glad the folks here on the forum faired well and I too will kept everyone in prayer.

Fred