PDA

View Full Version : Just Shipped 200 Pens!

Jim Marx
03-26-2004, 3:34 PM
I just shipped 200 pens for the Freedom Pens Program. :D The funds were donated by the 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students and Teachers of DuBray Middle School of St. Peters, Missouri and made by yours truly. My wife Donna is a Teacher at DuBray and took the initiative to ‘sell’ this program to the school principal, teachers and students as a Community Service project. In a little over a month, they met their goal of 200 pen contributions. Each student wrote a short note or poem that is included with each pen in the tubes that Waymon donated.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to contribute to this wonderful cause. I would like to thank Jerry Stringer, Earl Reid and Todd Burch for donating blanks, and Waymon Campbell for donating the tubes. Special thanks to Keith Outten and Ken Salisbury for their initiative and vision and drive – without them the FPP would not thrive as it is today.

Keep up all the good work!!!

Jerry Stringer
03-26-2004, 4:01 PM
[size=3]I just shipped 200 pens for the Freedom Pens Program. :D The funds were donated by the 6th, 7th and 8th Grade Students and Teachers of DuBray Middle School of St. Peters, Missouri and made by yours truly. size]

Why in the world are you thanking US???? We thank YOU!! You did all the work . . . we just got you the stuff.

Buddy, you just made the day for 200 soldiers! We want a photo of the kids!

Outstanding job!

Jerry

Side note . . .

On the Freedom Pens website, is there a chance to get a link where we can have photos posted? . . . of kids who have made pens . . . Turn-A-Thons . . . shipping pens . . . soldiers getting pens . . . etc. I think it would be a great addition!

Ken Salisbury
03-26-2004, 8:49 PM
Thanks Jim - A super effort by you and Donna and of course the students.

Dave Bonde
03-26-2004, 9:39 PM
Wow! that is a great effort by you and the students, congratulations :) Dave

Waymon Campbell
03-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I'd like to echo what the others have said. Wow, what a super contribution to the FPP effort. You can be sure that all those involved are proud of your accomplishment.

Bobby McCarley
03-27-2004, 7:08 AM
Way to go DuBray Middle School. I commend your administration, and your students for wanting to help and support the Freedom Pen Project.

Bobby McCarley
Louisiana

Daniel Yourdon
03-27-2004, 9:03 AM
Thank You Jim!!!
And to all the kids a the school. Please pass on the gratitude of everyone here. the work that these kids adn others just like them, accomplish is simply stagering. Plain and simple they are making the largest impact at getting us toward our goal.
Hugs to every one of them

Aaron Koehl
03-27-2004, 11:20 PM
That's a full percentage point of our annual goal--that's amazing! Thanks for the good work!

_Aaron_