PDA

View Full Version : Invitations

Gary and Jessica Houghton
04-03-2008, 7:05 PM
I got this idea from the forum some time back.
http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=700881#poststop

I immediatly saw great potential and knew I could build on this concept. I had the chance to do Graduation invitations for a family member and someone came in and asked if we did invitations. We said no, but, yes, but no, but here's what we got.

This is a paying customer's invitation from college. We took scrapbooking paper and was able to create this using multiple sheets of paper.

We thought this turned out great and wanted to share with everyone.
Thanks,
Jessica Houghton

Anthony Scira
04-03-2008, 9:07 PM
Wow that looks great. Did y9ou go the printing or just the cutting ?

Tom Bull
04-03-2008, 9:38 PM
That is really sharp! Our local HS has wildcat and purple as their mascot/color. Is that cut out font available for download? I can see all kinds of uses for that.

Keith Outten
04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Jessica,

Very nice, I like being able to use inexpensive materials that I can purchase locally. With a rainbow of colors available there are lots of design ideas for your technique.

Thanks

Gary and Jessica Houghton
04-05-2008, 1:36 PM
We rastered the verbage and vectored the rest. We vectored a hole in the corners of the top 3 sheets. We lined up the sheets, placed a mini brad in each hole and taped on the back sheet. We cut the back sheet with our paper cutter. The text is simple text placed in between two lines. Anyone can create this effect. This was a simple project, but the result was beautiful and unique! We got more orders from this. I think we might have started a trend. I will post a picture of a thank you invitation as soon as it is done.