PDA

View Full Version : Board buddies and shop fox fence

Robert Dunaway
04-03-2008, 6:46 PM
What's the best way to install these? Get new self tapping sheet metal screws and drill a hole? Drill a hole a tap threads myself? How?

Peter Quinn
04-03-2008, 6:50 PM
Having had a set for several years now and after trying several configurations I have come to the conclusion that the safest, most effective way to install them is in the bottom of a circular waste recepticle. If you would like a second set I will send you mine.

Robert Dunaway
04-03-2008, 10:33 PM
That was helpful.

Scott Haddix
04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I bought a used table saw (PM66) that had a set of these on, but the installation was not done well. However, after taking it off and then trying to figure out a way to reinstall it that I liked, I came to the same conclusion as Peter. I'd have to have a dedicated fence that was only used when I wanted to use these and a second fence for the rest of the time.

Roy Wall
04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Robert,

I bought some self tapping (heavy Duty) sheet metal screws from Lowes. I think my Bies fence was too thick so I had to drill a 1/8" pilot first, then I screwed the track to the top of the fence.

Here is a thread on the subject.........

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=48448

I like them a lot - Mark Singer sold me on these ...they increase safety and accuracy.....IMHO......