PDA

View Full Version : Great Deal At HD on MSUV

Brian Kirby
04-03-2008, 3:29 PM
Stopped at the Home Depot in Robinson Township west of Pittsburgh and bought the Miter saw Utility Vehicle stand for 99.99 marked down from 169.99. They had at least two left in the box. Not sure if this is the case around the rest of the country.

Chris Holder
04-03-2008, 3:39 PM
Stopped at the Home Depot in Robinson Township west of Pittsburgh and bought the Miter saw Utility Vehicle stand for 99.99 marked down from 169.99. They had at least two left in the box. Not sure if this is the case around the rest of the country.

Brian,

Is it the previous model? They have been closing out the older model all over the place for that price. I wish I could have found one around here, but I called every HD I could find in Fort Worth (there are about 20 of them) and none had any of the older model left.

Great Find!

Anthony Anderson
04-03-2008, 3:43 PM
Brian,

Is it the previous model? They have been closing out the older model all over the place for that price. I wish I could have found one around here, but I called every HD I could find in Fort Worth (there are about 20 of them) and none had any of the older model left.

Great Find!

It is the new model. Great deal. It appears to be a Home Depot-wide sale, not just a designated market sale, which is usually my luck. I got in on this one thanks to Herb Fellows on another forum. These are great MSUV's that will work with more than miter saws.

glenn bradley
04-03-2008, 4:06 PM
I paid that for the older model and love it. The newer one looks even cooler. Really solved my need for a CMS station that wouldn't permenantly take up all that space.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=63720&d=1177997823

Wow, I'd forgotten how long I've had that thing. My little drill press was still around ;-)

Chris Holder
04-03-2008, 4:10 PM
I just called one of my local HDs and they do have the new model on sale right now. Great deal!! I'm on my way to pick one up before they sell out of them.

Brian Kirby
04-03-2008, 4:55 PM
Was seriously considering the Delta MSUV until I ran into this deal. A friend of mine has this model and thinks it's this best thing he ever bought. I wanted something mobile that I could leave my 12" Bosch mounted ton and store it upright saving space in my shop.

Randal Stevenson
04-03-2008, 5:16 PM
Anyone have both models? I am wondering the main differences (actual use, like easier to roll)?

Thanks

Tim Thomas
04-03-2008, 5:44 PM
Thanks Brian! I actually work just about one quarter of a mile from an HD, so I left work 10 minutes early to get one. They had a whole stack of them just outside of tool world with the price prominently displayed. There was even a guy in an orange vest standing right there who helped me put the top one in my cart. I bet I wasn't in the store 5 whole minutes including check out.

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I've had my eye on this thing for a few weeks now ever since a friend of mine told me about them. I'm glad I waited because this was a heck of a deal. :D

Brian Kirby
04-03-2008, 8:14 PM
I often see about deals here and other sites, but they never pan out for me seems it only happens in other parts of the country. It's nice when you come across something thats lots of fellow woodworkers can benefit from. I'll keep looking for deals here and posting anything I see when I'm out and about.

Chuck Saunders
04-04-2008, 10:33 AM
I just got back from the Borg and it is not on sale in Kansas City (well not in Overland Park at least)

Randall,
The old one was more of a platform and fabricated from rectangular tubing. The new one is round tubing and more of a main beam with 2 tool attachment wings that can be moved on the main beam. I have the old one and if I find it on sale I will have the new one also.

Scott Long
04-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I was at the BORG last night and I picked up one of the new ones on sale for $99. It looks like a nice design, I found that it is a little tough closing the stand. Maybe it just needs "broken in". But I like the new design I am just waiting for my local BORG to carry the extra rails so that I can utilize it with my other tools.

Dar Lounsbury
04-04-2008, 3:39 PM
Which is better and why?

glenn bradley
04-04-2008, 3:45 PM
Old one has a platform that you mount your tool to. New one has a rail system with mounts you attach to your tool and then clip onto the rails, I believe.

Scott Long
04-04-2008, 4:19 PM
Your right glenn, I think that the newer one is more versitale. But the new one has not stood the test on time yet. Just a preliminary look it looks very well build and strong. The newer one is considerably taller than the older one.

jim sauterer
04-04-2008, 4:24 PM
thanks brian went to my local hd it was marked 169.00.i ask the lady if they had been on sale she scanned it and it came up 99.00.last one besides the display one.thanks again for the deal.

Mike Heidrick
04-04-2008, 8:53 PM
Picked one up this afternoon. Store said after mine they had 16 left in the computer. I know I saw two more on the floor. I think I want another and have buddy that wants one as well. I have the Bosch T4B and the MSUV is not at all the same quality of the Bosch - Bosch is WAY better - But the Bosch is 3X this price!! I am using the one I have now for the Craftsman OSS and lunchbox planer (when I can get some more rails). Thinking of another one for the Jet sharpener and the Milwaukee metal chopsaw. You cannot buy a good mobile base for the $99 (there are a few I guess) much less a mobile table. Having a couple in the shop with the tools on rails will allow me to move them to wherever I need them to be. That and allow me to use one in the house and one in the shop. OK, now I have convinced myself I definately need two. This price is GREAT! Thanks OP.

Louie George
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
I had to go to two stores before I found one, but one is currently in the corner of my shop. Thanks for the heads up, Brian.

Craig D Peltier
04-05-2008, 2:02 AM
My local one had 2 in the tool corral. And 2 pallets full near contractors desk. No sign on those but the 2 said Reg 169 now 99.
I may buy one tommorrow.

Steve Leverich
04-05-2008, 5:19 AM
Stopped by my local HD this afternoon out of curiosity, and was amazed at the diff between the Rigid and the DeWalt for the same regular price - I think the Rigid would be a good buy even at regular price. For $99, it's a steal. (So I DID - after leaving my $99 with a clerk, that is... :D) Steve

John Cooper2
04-05-2008, 5:31 AM
Does anyone know the "sku" number? It is a six didget number that HD uses.

Chuck Saunders
04-05-2008, 2:01 PM
Well I stopped by the HD by my house in Missouri and they had them on sale. So now I have one of each. Sorry, I don't have the receipt with me so I don't have the sku handy

Mike Heidrick
04-05-2008, 5:45 PM
Does anyone know the "sku" number? It is a six didget number that HD uses.

984386 is the sku

Todd Miranda
04-05-2008, 7:07 PM
I took the motorcycle out for a ride this afternoon and happened by the Ellisville, MO HD and they had 4 of them left at $99.

Made a quick call and my loving wife dropped everything she was doing and drove 50 miles to help me haul one of them home :)

Todd

Mike Heidrick
04-05-2008, 8:00 PM
That would have been a rough one to put on the bike. For future buyers, the stand is 94 lbs and about 100lbs in the box. We need to get some additional rails for this cart.

Craig D Peltier
04-06-2008, 9:21 AM
Thanks for tip. I got mine with a print out of the lowes %15 off page from website and it worked. So I paid about $90. I think its very well made.
Lowes sale ends today.

Paul Greathouse
04-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the tip Brian

I stopped by my local HD yesterday after work. There were none in or around the tool display so I asked the guy in the tool department. He said I think I have some on a pallet somewhere. Low and behold about 20' overhead there was a pallet full of them.

I asked about the sale price and he said let me check, but that sounds way too cheap. He checked in the computer and had a surprised look on his face. He said your right they are $99. Seems to be a company-wide sale, maybe you just have to ask the right person.

I have alot of tools but have never bought anything from Rigid. Well, Rigid definatly got it right on this one. This is a well built and versitile setup. I couldn't believe the heft of the wheels.

I was going to get the Dewalt which is a great stand but the Rigid offers everything the Dewalt has and alot more. At this price I'm considering getting another one for my lunchbox planer. I'm going to check to see if I can get another set of the clamping support arms at a decent price first.

Craig D Peltier
04-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I got mine yesterday, Thanks

I used lowes printed out %15 off from there site and got that discount as well. I think its was well worth the money.Seems very sturdy.

John Cooper2
04-06-2008, 1:32 PM
984386 is the sku
Thank You

Will be at the borg today and take a look

Mike Heidrick
04-06-2008, 3:05 PM
I got mine yesterday, Thanks

I used lowes printed out %15 off from there site and got that discount as well. I think its was well worth the money.Seems very sturdy.

Coupon says no accessories or tool storage. Is this considered a power tool?

Don Abele
04-06-2008, 3:22 PM
Thanks for the tip. I had been wanting to get one, especially now that I'm in the trim-out phase of our remodel. This works a lot better than the CMS on two saw horses.

A couple of things (which are benefits, but can also be problems). This thing is wide and heavy. Not sure about other ones because I've never used anything else. It's close to 100 pounds by itself and with my Bosch 12" CMS it's over 30" wide. I found both out when I tried to roll it into a bedroom with only a 30" door. I had to shimmy it sideways in (thereby realizing just how heavy it was).

All in all, it's a great addition - even if I had paid full price. At $100, like was already said, it's a steal.

Thanks again for the tip.

Be well,

Doc

Dave Lehnert
04-06-2008, 4:25 PM
I think you guys got lucky with the 15% off with Lowe's coupon. Price match policy is always for exact in stock items only. The MSUV is a Home Depot brand exclusive.

Louis Rucci
04-06-2008, 6:12 PM
Hey, thanks for the heads up. CAlled my closest HD last night and they had one in stock.

Went in today and bought one. NOW they have one in stock. Turns out there were two. Got the 9944 model.

BTW I'm in Jacksonville, FL.

Mike Heidrick
04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
I find the height of the stand when it is folded up to be a bit too high. When I lift it up from the horizontal position I find I am grabbing the legs and not the handles at teh end of the motion when raising it to vertical.

Bosch has nothing to worry about with their T4B model design.

John Cooper2
04-07-2008, 9:07 AM
"Bosch has nothing to worry about with their T4B model design."

I read this thread yesterday and found the Ridgid at the Borg last night. It was priced at $169.00 and I asked the Tool guy if he could scan it to see if it came up at $99.00? It Did. So it followed me home.

Wanted to set it up last night, but as soon as I got home I got called into work, so there went those plans.

Today I will set it up and try to take some pics.

As to the Bosch.

I love Bosch products, have at least 4 of thier routers and a couple jig saws and at least 7 or 8 other blue tools. I didn't know they even made one. I will have to be honest, I really had allot of back and forth on this purchase, had thought several times of building my own stand. For the $$ I am going to try this and see how it works. The Bosch looks great and I am sure it is a quality product, but for $279.00 I am going to try the Ridgid.

This may go back, but I am going to give it a fair shot. 75% of the time it will just be moved around in my shop. I do some outside handyman stuff so it will get moved around too.

Look for pics later today.

John Cooper2
04-07-2008, 2:13 PM
Less than an hour assembly time. Yes some assemble required.

Looks too shiney, Old SCMS looks out of place, have to buy a new one now...... just kidding. I am quite happy with my Old Milwakee 10scms.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/jcoop0001/sale%20items/P1010260.jpg
the box
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/jcoop0001/sale%20items/p1010261.jpg
the contents
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/jcoop0001/sale%20items/p1010263.jpg
almost done
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/jcoop0001/sale%20items/P1010264.jpg
Done

Ready to roll
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff300/jcoop0001/sale%20items/P1010265.jpg

Impressed so far,

Jason White
04-08-2008, 1:09 PM
I got the older model a few months ago for $100. GREAT piece of equipment.

The holes in the steel base didn't line up with my DeWalt miter saw, so I bolted a piece of 3/4" plywood to the steel and then screwed my saw into the plywood. Works great!

Jason

Was seriously considering the Delta MSUV until I ran into this deal. A friend of mine has this model and thinks it's this best thing he ever bought. I wanted something mobile that I could leave my 12" Bosch mounted ton and store it upright saving space in my shop.

Gordy Anderson
04-08-2008, 8:15 PM
I went to HD today (4/8) and they had 5 left. $99 until they're gone. Gordy

Todd Miranda
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Question

I was comparing the picture at Rigid's web site and they show two adjustable vertical supports for the rollers.

Mine didn't come with any, did anyone else's have these?

The support legs are there...just take a peak at the underside of the sliding extensions that hold the rollers. Push in the little orange tab and they come out and adjust as needed.

Todd

Don Abele
04-08-2008, 10:20 PM
...I was comparing the picture at Rigid's web site and they show two adjustable vertical supports for the rollers. Mine didn't come with any, did anyone else's have these?

Louis, are you referring to the legs directly under the rollers?

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=86098&stc=1&d=1207707451

They are inside the horizontal support tubes for the rollers. They look like a protective black end cap. There is a small button on the underside that releases it. I didn't notice mine at first either.

Be well,

Doc

Mike Heidrick
04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Question.

What do you mean by extra rails.

Are you referring to the support clamps that attach to the miter saw, small table saw, etc?

Yep. I too would like some extras!