PDA

View Full Version : Robot on Ice......

Jon Lanier
04-03-2008, 3:26 PM
This is just to freaky.

http://www.komando.com/videos/4-3.asp

Rick Gifford
04-03-2008, 4:20 PM
I think thats pretty cool. Did you see how well it stays up on ice?

Something like that (less noisy though) would have some great military applications. It could transport ammunition to troops under fire, medic packs, strap a camera on it and go into a building with bombs...

To have a robot that can walk and stay up like that must have cost serious money.

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2008, 4:37 PM
That's pretty awesome. Talk about sensors and software work.!!!!!

Bob Rufener
04-03-2008, 4:53 PM
Utterly amazing. Hard to believe they could develop something that can do all of the things this thing can.

Craig D Peltier
04-03-2008, 8:40 PM
That was way cool. I had no idea we were that advanced in robotics. Its footing looked like you were watching a live headless deer.:eek:

David G Baker
04-03-2008, 11:48 PM
It has only just begun. That was one great video. Thanks for sharing.

Russ Filtz
04-04-2008, 8:02 AM
Sarah Conner will soon be over to blow up their entire facility! No Terminators for us. :D

Hubert Carle
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Hey, next should be a "centipede" model. Lots of legs and great carrying capacity. :eek::eek:

David Freed
04-25-2008, 1:11 PM
I am thinking like Russ. I watched the YouTube video titled Shift Happens posted by Craig just before watching this. If computers are soon going to be smarter than humans, (they aren't smarter yet, just a million times faster), and robots can keep their balance better than people, the scenario from the Terminator movies may soon come true. We will soon be building the machines that will try to wipe us out. That wouldn't be a bad idea if they would only eliminate the stupid people. On the other hand I've had some pretty stupid moments, :o and they might come after me, :eek: so maybe that's not such a good idea.

Keith Starosta
04-26-2008, 8:45 AM
Pretty cool...and very realistic!! The only thing it needed to complete the illusion was a speaker system, for use when it loses it's balance, or slips on the ice. That way, you could hear it say, "SONOFA......AHH!!! My back!!!

:D

- Keith

Curt Harms
04-26-2008, 9:51 AM
I am thinking like Russ. I watched the YouTube video titled Shift Happens posted by Craig just before watching this. If computers are soon going to be smarter than humans, (they aren't smarter yet, just a million times faster), and robots can keep their balance better than people, the scenario from the Terminator movies may soon come true. We will soon be building the machines that will try to wipe us out. That wouldn't be a bad idea if they would only eliminate the stupid people. On the other hand I've had some pretty stupid moments, :o and they might come after me, :eek: so maybe that's not such a good idea.

As long as it has plug. Batteries don't last forever.;)