PDA

View Full Version : Weeken doin's?

Bob Lasley
03-26-2004, 8:43 AM
Good Friday Morning All,

Looks like damp weather may inhibit yard work here in Okieland this weekend, so I might sneak in a little shop time. I'm sure family activities will be occupying a fair amount of time as our youngest daughter will be leaving for Coast Guard boot camp in the next few days.

So what's going on in your neck of the woods this weekend?

Have a great weekend all,
Bob

Andy London
03-26-2004, 8:57 AM
I was looking for a horse shoe (installer??) for a friend yesterday, located a fellow a two hours drive outside the sity on the net in a news article. The article talked about this gentlemans home sawmill also so I gave him a call last night.

Long story short, he has a bunch of Spalted Maple, Birch and Cherry slaps (4" thick, 12" long, various widths)so my son and I will head off to have a look tomorrow. I don't set my hopes too high on these "deals":) But it will be a fun day.

Maple Sugar is running big time so Sunday will be a visit to a sugar camp and perhaps a sleigh ride.

Have a great weekend to all!

Andy

Jim Becker
03-26-2004, 9:09 AM
Like Andy, I'll be checking out some lumber on Saturday morning thanks to the efforts (and skillfull commerce) of Alan Turner. It seems there is a whole bunch of material available at that shop he bought out. The Tundra could get a workout on the way home...:D

Otherwise, I need to get the remaining coats of finish on the LCD TV stand--Target Coatings got me some more right quick since I ran out last Sunday--and finish up a really awesome looking deep bowl out of "extremely spalted" Norway maple that I started last weekend. The figure and pattern are amazing in that hunk of wood. I only have final sanding and finishing left on the piece. Otherwise, I'll see what comes up in the shop and around the property. I really should get out the chain saw and get some larger turning blanks hacked out of material that's been waiting for my attention for quite a while.

Tyler Howell
03-26-2004, 9:17 AM
Punch list on home remuddling is getting longer, but I'll be checking off more of those items this weekend. Have an expert chef :D(my mom) coming to help me set up the kitchen. Rock-On.

Sparky Paessler
03-26-2004, 9:23 AM
I leave in the morning for Mexico. I am going down with a group of Dentists that go for a week every year to Piedras Negras just across from Eagle Pass TX. This year we are setting up two new clincs and we don't know what the condition on the buildings are in now so my Dentist about begged me to go with them. I will be busy doing plumbing, electrical and carpentry all week. A lot of good people are going so it should be a really fun time and a lot of hard work.

Sparky Paessler

Frank Pellow
03-26-2004, 9:30 AM
The weather forcast is for unseasonaly warm (up to 14 degrees celcius) and mostly sunny weather in Toronto this weekend. So, I hope to get outside and get a lot of my deck and fence removed in order to clear the site where my new workshop is going to go.

Tyler Howell
03-26-2004, 9:30 AM
I leave in the morning for Mexico. I am going down with a group of Dentists that go for a week every year to Piedras Negras just across from Eagle Pass TX. This year we are setting up two new clincs and we don't know what the condition on the buildings are in now so my Dentist about begged me to go with them. I will be busy doing plumbing, electrical and carpentry all week. A lot of good people are going so it should be a really fun time and a lot of hard work.

Sparky Paessler

Very admirable Sparky! Way to solve world problems!;)

Steven Wilson
03-26-2004, 9:39 AM
Ah, the start of Spring, all of my machines rusted yesterday (yes they had Boeshield on them) so it's time to turn on the fan, crank up the heater and air out the shop while getting rust off of everything (oh fun). Plus I need to mark out my celing lights and garage door track on some paper so the folk's at Oneida can design a duct work layout for my new dust collector.

Sparky Paessler
03-26-2004, 9:59 AM
Thanks Tyler

I've never been in that part of the country so it will be interesting to see. Bad part is I have travel phobias so I'm having to really make myself go. The border crossing can also be real fun with all the equipment and meds that we will have with us. Say a little prayer Saturday afternoon that we make it across.

Sparky

Phil Phelps
03-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Have a great weekend all,
Bob[/QUOTE]
:confused:
I gotta look up that word, "weekend". It seems familiar. I kinda remember, sorta. An American event, I think. :rolleyes:

Rob Bourgeois
03-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Got to knock out some small projects around the house.

Need to build a step stool for my 2 year old daughter, so she can reach the sink to wash her hands. Need to build a side table for the new baby's room to hold the assorted diaper changing materials. ( after spending last Saturday with my wife in false labor hopefully I get more done this week. :rolleyes: )

And if time permits, cut grass/rake live oak leaves AGAIN, plant my strawberry plants in their new bed and till the rest of the garden.

Hopefully I will have pictures of my new bandsaw for Monday

Rob--at least I have half of Friday to use too.

Greg Heppeard
03-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Probably going to spend part of the weekend drilling and tubing pen blanks for the TAT next week. I might give in to the urge to turn a couple.

Tyler Howell
03-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Thanks Tyler

I've never been in that part of the country so it will be interesting to see. Bad part is I have travel phobias so I'm having to really make myself go. The border crossing can also be real fun with all the equipment and meds that we will have with us. Say a little prayer Saturday afternoon that we make it across.

Sparky

Got your Back Sparky! Pics and details wouldn't be refused by this bunch.
Flying is very safe if that is a concern. Numbers show we excede Pre 9/11 operations.
You're in good hands!

Chris Padilla
03-26-2004, 11:43 AM
Will do some minor ww'ing...Mr. Jamie Buxton will assist me with resawing some of that beautiful curly maple I posted about a while back.

If the weather holds up (rained yesterday), there will be more yardwork to do so I fear this weekend will be more or less void of ww'ing. Funny, that EC isn't getting itself done like I was hoping it would! :)