PDA

View Full Version : A good Joke

alex grams
04-03-2008, 9:39 AM
This is a good joke i came across, it reminded me of my family's cabinet shop that my Grandfather ran for 50+ years, where he had a sign on the wall that said:
This is a non-profit organization. It wasn't intended that way, but that is how it is turning out.

Employment Standards determined a small woodworking shop owner was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.
"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.
"Well, there's Jake my finisher who's been with me for 3 years, I pay him $900 a week.
The apprentice Tom has been here for 6 months, and I pay him $500 a week.
Then there's the half-wit that works here about 18 hours a day. He makes $10 a week and I buy him a case of beer every Friday," replied the owner.
"That's the guy I want to talk to; the half-wit," says the agent."
The owner says, "That would be me."

PS: This may not be the proper forum to post it in, but if so, please move. This one just gets the most traffic and I figured the most people would get enjoyment from it here.

JohnT Fitzgerald
04-03-2008, 9:47 AM
Love it!!!

Ray Schafer
04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I am going to have to put this in my list of "small-business" jokes!

Dennis Peacock
04-03-2008, 4:26 PM
Absolutely PERFECT!!!!!!! I Love IT!!!!!!!!

Stephen Beckham
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Can't remember the whole thing, but you can take the gist from the few lines I can...

It started out about a Labor Force warning that included possible 'bad guys' infiltrating the work force....

Three had been identified already: Bin-late, Bin-drinkin and, Bin-lazy. But the most elusive and hardest to find is the fella by the name Bin-workin...

I laughed because I thought it was a real Labor Force warning till I saw the names - then laughed again because that last one could be a hard fella to find these days...

Dave Anderson NH
04-04-2008, 11:18 AM
When interviewed about what he was going to do with the $3 million that he won in the NH State Lottery the owner of the woodworking shop answered, "Stay in business until I run out of money"

Rick Hubbard
04-04-2008, 2:10 PM
This reminds me of the time I made my first sales call at a plywood mill in NW Montana: I asked the Mill Manager, "How many people work here?" He answered, "I'd say about a third of 'em."

Rick

Jay Johnstone
04-04-2008, 4:15 PM
haha, good one!