PDA

View Full Version : Latest Turnings

Julie Wright
03-25-2004, 9:49 PM
Here are a few pens I've turned lately. I've sold these to co-workers. If they keep it up I'm gonna have no spare time.

The red is stablized curly box elder, the yellow is Osage Orange, my father got it out of his wood pile and the Teal is stablized curly box elder.. Thanks for taking a peek ")

Jim Becker
03-25-2004, 9:51 PM
Great work, as usual! Thanks for sharing, Julie. You're quickly becoming the "Queen of Pens" around here...:D

The osage orange looks great. That species really polishes up wonderfully, too.

Dale Thompson
03-25-2004, 10:05 PM
Julie,
Your pens AND photography are REALLY impressive!! I'm partial to the "red" one. I'm jealous of ALL of them! :o

VERY NICE WORK!!

Dale T.

Julie Wright
03-25-2004, 10:18 PM
Thank you Dale, The photography has gotten better as a result of many questions to the folks at SMC !!!

John Miliunas
03-25-2004, 10:45 PM
All three are gorgeous, Julie, but my eyes keep going back to the Osage Orange one! Amazing to have such vivid coloring naturally. I'll bet the recipients will cherish them as well! :cool:

William Young SE BC
03-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Totally Awsome;
Both the work and the colors.
W.Y.

Tom Sweeney
03-25-2004, 11:29 PM
You sure are turning out some nice work :D
I like all of them but I think I keep going back to the osage orange also - like Jim said it finishes up so nice - almost irridescent(?)

Boy keep this up & you'll be able to retire soon :D :cool:

Rick Prevett
03-26-2004, 12:41 PM
I'm also drawn to the OO pen. I think the contrast between the OO and the black kit really looks good.

rick