PDA

View Full Version : GLOAT ... well judge for your self.....

Rasmus Petersen
04-02-2008, 6:17 AM
Well i have what you might call a Score!! thees are dry (stored min 5 years) And they where FREE!!! = 0$ Just had to share ... And its fully allowed to be envious...........

And to add to the score... i am going to pickup some more good stuff later today. Sliver/flame mapel and burl, robinenburl (yes burl) and more around 20 large pices.. (LARGE) from an other turner so itīs good stuff.. and the price = FREE

Happy joy joy... i think the shed is going to drown in large amounts and curlies

neil mackay
04-02-2008, 6:28 AM
Rasmus,

What a find that should keep you busy over winter. :D Hows the heating in the shed? Seem to recall you had not completed it.

Somehwere I have a plan of a heater that runs on shavings and sawdust. Made from an old oil drum. Runs 6-8 hours on one load depending on the timber.PM me if its any good to you. :)

Rasmus Petersen
04-02-2008, 7:04 AM
I hope to have more than a fair share of theese turned by winter :-) but i still havent gotten around to installing heating... but summer is comming so right now its not a problem ... no all i have to do is find the time to put steel to wood bigtime .-)

Tom Sherman
04-02-2008, 9:57 AM
Great gloat Rasmus, free wood is the best.

Steve Schlumpf
04-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Congrats Rasmus! Looking forward to seeing what you can turn out of these!!

Dennis Peacock
04-02-2008, 1:22 PM
Ya know Rasmus? Free is a VERY good price!!!! Congrats on the nice haul. :cool:

Dick Strauss
04-02-2008, 2:48 PM
Rasmus,
Most of us that get free wood have to do some work with a chainsaw and bandsaw before the blanks are lathe-bound. This gloat is better than most since they are already ready to go. That is a very nice haul my friend!

Bill Wyko
04-02-2008, 3:05 PM
Either those are 2 big crankshafts or you hit the turning blank lottery. Nice haul

Alex Elias
04-02-2008, 3:18 PM
It sure is a good one. Lots of wood for the best price,hard to beat.

Bernie Weishapl
04-02-2008, 8:29 PM
Congrats Rasmus. That should keep you out of trouble a day or two.:D:cool::rolleyes:;) Can't wait to see some turnings.

Rasmus Petersen
04-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Thank you all... Yes the haul is very nice :-) but i hope to stik you one more gloat later today.. hov about a car more or less full of more FREE burls ??

Skip Spaulding
04-03-2008, 8:33 PM
Great gloat, looks like you hit the MOTHER LOAD of ready to turn blanks!!

Jim Becker
04-03-2008, 9:31 PM
That should keep you busy for a few minutes.... :D

Bill Wyko
04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I hope you have a composter for the shavings. That'll be enough to fertilize a farm.

Rasmus Petersen
04-04-2008, 2:36 AM
I know i know itīs not nice to power gloat this much but i have to... i just have to..
:p:p:p:p:p:p
The load...

to LARGE pices of (Chinise waterpine free translation from danish) Metasequoia glyptostroboides?
to large pices of Robinia Pseudoacacia, and 3 lage burls i the same !!
(Left top)
around 10 pices of mapel with flame or silver.(low left)
A very large Chestnut burl (to the low right)
A large Birch burl and 3 small ones(front low)
A Prunus domestica "Syriaca" Burl. fruit tree
and something not commonly seen a Nobilis (:Noble or White Fir) Burl pice.. the guy i got it from have been teaching loggers for 30 years and this is only the second time he has seen or heard of it. the pices are cutoffs from the large burl he made into a bowl. . . 85749

Now the only thing left is fixing the problem with having to work eat and sleep... so that i have time to turn instead... :D:D