PDA

View Full Version : A joke only a woodworker would understand

Mike Henderson
04-02-2008, 1:52 AM
I'll share a true story with you. I recently received a gift certificate for $125 to a Woodworker store (the actual store shall remain un-named). I was talking with one of my good woodworker friends and asked him what he would recommend I use it for since I really don't need any tools right now.

He smiled and said, "You could buy a Festool T-shirt."

Mike

Eric Larsen
04-02-2008, 1:53 AM
$125? It would subsidize the T-shirt, at least.

Steve Kolbe
04-02-2008, 7:25 AM
well, that would pay for the embroidered logo... the shirt is a separate charge.

Some assembly required. However, the dust collection on the shirt is AWESOME!

Per Swenson
04-02-2008, 7:29 AM
You Know,

When you have everything....

Whats a buck and a quarter for a T shirt?

Per

Chuck Saunders
04-02-2008, 8:03 AM
Now that is a nice leaf blower Per.

Greg Cole
04-02-2008, 8:46 AM
The price for that tee shirt may have gone up, the dollar weakened a little more against the Euro again...LOL, not.

Now that is a nice leaf blower Per.

Nevermind cyclones for dust collection anymore either.....

Greg

J. Z. Guest
04-02-2008, 9:38 AM
That's a good one Mike. I'm going to try it out on some of my coworkers and see if they get it.

Prashun Patel
04-02-2008, 10:30 AM
It's not called a 't-shirt'. It's called a 'Torsotainer'.

Ken Werner
04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Good one Mike, quietly amusing.

Ken

Mike Monroe
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
$125... that was the t-shirt price before April 1st, it's now $150.

Mike Henderson
04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Those replies are great - I'm going to pass them along to my friend.

"Torsotainer" - that's a hoot! So's the price increase. And I'll bet the dust collection is terriffic.

Mike

jason lambert
04-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Yea but if you through in another $74 you can get the Kit, the hat and shirt for a 5% discount. You have to do the package deal and save the 5% the hat is so worth it.

Bruce Benjamin
04-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Yea but if you through in another $74 you can get the Kit, the hat and shirt for a 5% discount. You have to do the package deal and save the 5% the hat is so worth it.

The shirt design is proprietary so you can't wear any other brand of hat, pants, shoes or underwear with it. They just won't fit together. The pants are a thousand bucks, by the way and any vendor offering a discount is immediately killed. They come with a very nice stackable suit case though so it's all worth it.;):D

Bruce

Dan Racette
04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
T-sortainer.

That has to be the best one ever Mike!

I would assume it would have several strategically placed pockets!

Dan

Andy Pratt
04-02-2008, 12:38 PM
I would get one, but the shirts can only be washed/dried in festool appliances. The special process imbeds the shirt with a static charge that attracts dust as you walk around, pulling it out of the air where it can do damage to your lungs.

Pat Germain
04-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Too funny!

I was at my local Woodcraft last weekend browsing the new location. Over at the Festool wall was a guy looking for something to help with a TV stand he was building. He was looking at a Domino thinking it might be useful, but he was completely unfamiliar with Festool.

He couldn't find a price listed for the Domino. I didn't want to be the one to break the news to him. I told the guy he could find numerous demo videos online and suggested he check those out. He seemed appreciative of the suggestion.

As I was walking out, that guy stopped at the counter to inquire about the Domino price. I saw two very large eyes and a thorougly wrinkled brow just before walking out the door. Oh, and his mouth was hanging open like a freshly caught trout.

Dan Racette
04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I would come in a special package deal with a pair of pants that kept the shirt very clean through a special pair of tethered side suspenders!!!

Dan

Pat Germain
04-02-2008, 1:10 PM
I should drop a line to The Wood Whisperer suggesting he demo the Festool T-Shirt. Let's hope we see a T-Shirt for the next Festool giveaway!

Mike Henderson
04-02-2008, 1:36 PM
The other woodworker "joke" that's in my original posting (my wife pointed this out to me) is that I said I didn't need any tools right now.

Mike

David G Baker
04-02-2008, 3:50 PM
Does the T shirt come in one of them there fancy boxes?

Bill Wyko
04-02-2008, 4:56 PM
I didn't realize the shirts wer discounted that low.:eek:

David DeCristoforo
04-02-2008, 5:53 PM
"The shirt design is proprietary so you can't wear any other brand of hat, pants, shoes or underwear with it. They just won't fit together. The pants are a thousand bucks, by the way and any vendor offering a discount is immediately killed. They come with a very nice stackable suit case though so it's all worth it..."

"I would get one, but the shirts can only be washed/dried in festool appliances..."

STOP IT!!! You guys are killing me! Where's the ROFL emoticon?????
Never mind...I found it: 85635

YM

Bill Wyko
04-02-2008, 6:17 PM
If you buy a CT33 with the shirt it'll dry clean your shirt and you save 60 bucks off the already low price of 1856.89.;)

Roger Warford
04-02-2008, 7:36 PM
That's a good deal. I'm pretty sure the shirt works with a dust extractor. Takes care of dandruff too.

Randy Denby
04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Oh man, this is a slippery slope guys....wait until you try the festool underwear.They have a place for everything. Its truly a system.

Jared Larrow
04-03-2008, 9:26 AM
Oh man, this is a slippery slope guys....wait until you try the festool underwear.They have a place for everything. Its truly a system.

A "package" deal no doubt... :D

Brian Kent
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
I've been checking out yard sales and swap meets for "Old Cotton".

Found some Stanley shirts for .89 / ton that could probably keep me warm if I get rid of the rust fettle them enough.

Do you think anyone would notice if I dyed them Festool Green or would they lose their collector's value?

Also, does anyone know about re-Japanning? The "Made in Japan" labels are coming off.

Finally, what system should I use to keep them looking "sharp"?

Per Swenson
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
You know I just had to look......

http://www.lookatmeshirts.com/index.php?productID=155

Per